Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

greg maddux collectors

and i know there are a quite a few of you out there given that i keep getting outbid on many maddux items on ebay....

what are his toughest to find card issues? im collecting his oddball/rare cards (non game used/auto). name a few. thanks

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Ones that come to mind:

1991 Topps Desert Shield
    1988 Cubs Team Issue [David Berg]
    1990 Fleer Canadian
    1990 Donruss Aquaeous
    1990 Donruss Blue/White Test
    1992 Leaf Gold
    Sometimes nice/high-grade Starting Lineup cards are tough to come by....

I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options

<< <i>1988 Cubs Team Issue [David Berg] >>

how does this issue compare to his 1987 issue?
  • Options
    Some other ones that are hard to obtain in my opinion:

1989 Starting Lineup card(Only three graded and highest is an 8. Those tough green boarders plus some of the top conditioned ones are probably still sealed inside the package with figure)
    1993 finest refractor(kinda pricey in my opinion but I would love to get my hands on one of these)
    1996 Select mirror gold/red/blue cards. I'm not sure what the print run is but these don't hit ebay too often(especially the gold ones)
    1987/1988 David Berg Maddux-I use to see more of these sets selling raw. It seems like you can't find many if any on ebay raw. I guess it has a limited print run of how ever many they gave out for that days promotion at the stadium.
    1987 leaf in psa 10- Out of his 1987 cards, the leaf has the fewest PSA 10s(43 out of 1643 submitted). Compare this to his 87 donruss which has 764 PSA 10s!

Thats all I can think of for now. Hope I don't have to bid against you on any of the cards aboveimage
    Current Sets:
    1960 Armour Coins
    Greg Maddux Basic
    Greg Maddux Master
    All Time 49ers
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    94 Topps Spanish are never seen. Every collector talks about the 93 refractors and deserved but 94 Finest & 95 Bowmans Best refractors are pretty tough to come by. There are a few Borderless mid 90's cards that are tough in mint.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Lets not forget 1990 Topps TV from the Cubs team set.
  • Options
    The Greg Maddux 1987 Leaf PSA 10, I was sorry to see it go, I sold one about 2 months,
    Good Luck to the Greg Maddux Collector.