Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Call me stupid

I just joined the Collector's Club, again. I took such a beating about a year and a half ago that I vowed never to get suckered into this game again. A little time heals all. I have a few really nice early date Lincolns sitting around and wanted them in holders more for the protection than anything else. I know that I'll get caught up in the numbers game, though. I'm sure I'll have an absolute stroke when the grades come back.

Jack

Comments

• Options
    ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    I happens to the best of us. 3 years ago my whole lincoln set was RAW. Now I don't own ONE single raw coin and 100% of my collection is in PCGS holders.

Did you send THIS one in?

I believe I own the finest 66RD Lincoln of a particular date and mint. I don't want to say which date and mint because it doesn't matter for this rhetorical question and if I do I am sure Stewart will tell me I'm full of sh*t. Anyway, the coin has been tried for 67 (once) and didn't make it. I honestly think it is a really nice 66 and only tried for 67 just to see what would happen. It is a pop 15 coin and I have seen a vast majority of the others. The average 66RD of this date and mint will run around 10K. I paid $18k for mine and I'd probably do it again.

• Options

ellewood,

No, that coin is going to stay in the 66 holder. I tried it once for fun and wasn't pi$$ed when it came back 66. There are several others that caused me to have my meltdown a while back. I am trying a couple of those again (like an idiot).

Jack

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid!image

I just had the pleasure of having the same stroke, but not with a Lincoln. I've tried a MS65 quarter for 66 a couple of times. I just got my latest result back ... a 64!!! I think I'm just going to take a mailer to the PO when I go to pick it up, so I can just send it straight back to PCGS!
    Doug
  • Options
    KeyrockKeyrock Posts: 961
    Don't worry I'm just a few weeks behind you. The scabs have fallen off the old wounds, but I keep looking at the scars and I hesitate to submitt. As soon as the scars fade, I'll send mine in. I have already printed the form just need some more time.......
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    You're STUPID -- but happy?image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    I'm very stupid! I'm mailing about 600 coins off to pcgs this week image.
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    First of all the 15 d in a ms 66 red holder that Jack the Knife bought in Chicago will always be a 66 as long as David Hall is in charge.It is called liability my friend. It is not a 67.

Lincolns rule - You're not at all stoopid ! You are a shrewd,cunning,aggressive coin collector/dealer.It is very possible to make an ms 67 memorial.What's the down side for PCGS?

Stewart
  • Options

Stewart,

You amaze me with your memory. Yes, it's the 15-D and yes, it's a 66, always will be. I'm just hoping that if PCGS is willing to grade a Pop 1 Barber dime that they'll toss me a bone on a few lowly Lincoln cents.image

Jack

• Options
    lloydmincylloydmincy Posts: 1,861
    Jack:

Everyone knows it's the 15-D. You never stop bringing it up. Sorry Doc, it looks like all the other 66's...image
    The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

• Options

Lloyd,

That is so unfair and untrue. I'm hurt.

Jack

• Options
    All right Jack. I take it back. I bark worse than my bite u know.

• Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    give us your submission number so we can check it daily for progress
  • Options

Lloyd,

You crack me up. You don't need to take it back, I was just joking. But, I love that 15-D! I guess I do talk about it a lot. I hope I'm not as bad as Steve and the 09 VDB & 90 no S proofsimage
    I hope things are going well.

Jack

• Options
    Have Stewie Presidential Review it for you. Apparently he is on a roll, and just got an upgrade. Now he is 1 for 10,000.image

• Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    No need for a stroke Jack. Worst case you're out the grading fees. Who cares what the slab says? You can always crack them out to regain their raw status & it'll all have been just a bad dream. image
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    I hope I'm not as bad as Steve and the 09 VDB & 90 no S proofs

Jack >>

Jack,
    I admit I'm guilty of "lovin" my two favorite Lincoln proof cents, but I'm betting there aren't 100 collectors out there that can say they own them both.
    Steveimage
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve, I'd say less than half of that.
    Doug
  • Options

Steve,

You got me there. I don't own either one.

Jack

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    The book said "Call me Ishmael".
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage