Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ok Fess up, who beat me on the Teletrade 1921-D VAM-1G LDS PCGS 65?

Somebody won a 1921-D VAM-1G LDS PCGS 65 on Teletrade tonight. I pushed it to $400+ juice (448) before I bailed.

http://www.teletrade.com/coins/lot.asp?auction=2203&lot=1974

Congrats!

Rob

Rob Joyce - Dollar Variety / VAM Collector
http://www.vamworld.com
and
http://www.rjrc.com

Comments

• Options
    Not me . I wanted the 1921-P wide reeding
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭

I got blown out of the water on a 16-D Buffalo and I place a very strong bid. image

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    Somebody picked off the 1880 clash (V-43 or V-32A, forget which one it was) and the 1888 V-26 that I thought noone would notice. (Sorry if I made you pay too much by my bids though.) Got the 1904-O V-28A though. Between that and the 1885-S V-7A at Heritage, the day wasn't too bad. Anyone here get that V-7A at Teletrade (lot 1805)? It was an NGC 61. Since I won the PCGS 63, I took it off the list.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Sounds like there was a lot of warfare going on. I missed the whole deal. Asleep at the switch again I guess. Oh well, I had fun @ my local show yesterday and after that I was just coined out for the day. Congrats on all the good snags.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    Hell, I didn't even touch my computer for most of the weekend (hence the reason for not moving my coins to fleabay) due to the dreaded "honey do" list that I am trying to complete prior to my move at the end of next month.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    LOL, Earl. I have such an unending list and am sore as heck after the weekend (and still am doing all the stuff too).

Greg, it was uncommonly brutal last night. Occasionally, I lose a non-list rarity with a strong bid, but someone sniped a few and these weren't graringly obvious ones either. The 1888 P65 has a short vertical gouge between the lower cottom blossom and leaf. Something most people would not notice or expect to discern in a TT image. TT Link Nice to know there are other non-list R-6 collectors out there anyway.

Another that interested me was the ICG 1883-S. It was labeled MS64 and looked semiprooflike. Grade looked right and I thought it would have been nie in my PL set as most full PLs of the date, when you can find them, are not as attractive. Went to $3K and then didn't sell. TT Link
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    Not guilty. But I do not consider $400 a particularly strong bid for a nice PCGS MS65 1921D Morgan, either.
    Salute the automobile: The greatest anti-pollution device in human history!
    (Just think of city streets clogged with a hundred thousand horses each generating 15 lbs of manure every day...)
  • Options
    KurtHornKurtHorn Posts: 1,382
    I don't know but,... I bid very strong on a 32-S Washington in MS 64 and a 36-D Washie in MS 66. The owner bid them to Moon money, so they didn't sell. I discovered after some searching that he apparently has done this several times.
    "Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - William Faulkner
    NoEbayAuctionsForNow
  • Options
    BTW, Rob, thanks for the book. I finally started reading it yesterday and I like it a lot!
    Salute the automobile: The greatest anti-pollution device in human history!
    (Just think of city streets clogged with a hundred thousand horses each generating 15 lbs of manure every day...)
  • Options
    there were a bunch of coins that did not sell last night. It does not appear that the market is slowing...at least not on teletrade.
    Gary

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file