Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

New leader in the Kennedys

LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
ONE NICE COMPLETE JFK COLLECTION is in first.

Thinks I know who is hiding behind the new name. Congratulations are in order.

Lot of red here too eight of the top twenty have made upgrades.

Kennedy Half Dollars Complete Set (1964-Present)

Edited to add link.

Comments

• TACloughTAClough Posts: 1,598
    He has worked hard on this set. I would like to offer my congradulations to the top set holder too.

Tim
  • ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    Anonymous set holder and a closed set. Is it going to be opened up so we can enjoy it?
  • A new Kennedy King... excellent... all Kennedy collectors work hard at it. Glad to see people still passionate about this wonderful coin.

parke
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if he'd open up the set. It's hard to get excited about a number one set that consists of nothing but a name.

Russ, NCNE
  • badgerbadger Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    I agree.... open the set and let's see it. (with photos)

Badger
    Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
    1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties
  • raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭
    He doesn't have any photos posted in his sets. You can see what's in his set by looking under proofs-he's ranked #4, and in the varieties set-he's currently #7. He changed the name one completed.
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• TACloughTAClough Posts: 1,598
    The number 1 set in the Complete Kennedy Half Dollars (1964 - Present) is now open. Now, if only the third place set would open up so we could see what is there?image
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    It's a sea of red!

Russ, NCNE
  • Congratulations on that it is still an underrated set, and not as easy to assemble as many think. It has been a long time since I have been on the boards but had to chime in as I once had the # 1 Kennedy set and noticed its not even listed anymore.

Most of the coins in my set going to numerous collectors, and some of the best ones to the Richard Green set. I dont collect any more but the Kennedy set is a great one, I admit I miss it....
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "as I once had the # 1 Kennedy set"

Matt - Yes you did!! You and Registrycoin both - tied for #1 in the MS Kennedys when few folks were collecting them or even giving them a second thought. And, your combined collections formed, in strong part, the Richard Green collection (which did not exist at the time) when you (and RC) asked me to sell off your sets at the same time. I suggested to Richard that he consider collecting MS Kennedys (as he had just sold off his #1 set of MS Washington Quarters) as a totally overlooked series. He took collecting Kennedys to a brand new level!

Anyway, nice to see you posting again.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.