Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1972 Topps Ebay Auctions.....Tony Oliva #400 PSA 10 1/1

I also have a Reggie Jackson card #435 PSA 9 and a Carlton Fisk RC #79 MINT 9 for sale.

My 1972 Topps Auctions

Thanks,
Brian

Comments

• Options

Oops... Someone better report that 1/1! image
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Brian,

In case you aren't sure what etown99girl is talking about, one of our forum members had his auctions pulled by eBay because he had "1/1" in his auction titles. They told him that unless the card up for auction was a numbered 1 of 1 modern shiny card, his use of 1/1 in the auction title was not allowed. I think they did this to more than one person. Here's a link to the thread I'm referring to:

New eBay BS - my listings ended for having 1/1 in title

Good luck with your auctions.
    Bob
  • Options
    brianligonbrianligon Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Thanks, Bob. I did hear about the auction being pulled for stating 1/1. Pretty ridiculous. I guess I could have put "POP 1" instead of "1/1". Hopefully I will have better luck and mine won't get pulled. If it does get pulled, I will post it here to let everyone know.
    -Brian
  • Options
    JonBJonB Posts: 495
    Its the same ole thing. Ebay pulling legit auctions and letting the true scams continue. It is nuts they would pull your auction just because you had 1/1 in the title. About a month ago I sold a Red Ruffing autographed ball WITH a cert. of auth. from GAI... AFTER the auction ended AND a day after the buyer had paid me for it, I received an email from ebay telling me that they were cancelling the auction because they thought the ball was fake. Needless to say they sent the buyer the same thing, and allowed him to cancel his payment even though paypal policy states that you can't file a claim before "x" perioid of time has passed, heck I hadn't even had time to drive the ball to the post office yet (thankfully). I ended up calling the buyer and he re-paid me for the ball anyway (he ended up being a very nice guy).

Anyway, point being, why does ebay waste their time, and more importantly, our time by pulling harmless auctions (like one that just have 1/1 in the title when referring to the pop) and not go after the real problems.

I bet ebay pulls one legit auction for every '52 Mantle scam they let be completed... but hey, at least when ebay lets someone get scammed for $10,000 buying a fake Mantle card, they still get a nice commission (probably from the true owner of the hacked account, lol)

... i still hate ebay, but sadly, its really the only place to sell cards online
  • Options
    Well, Ebay did it to me too!! I should have heeded the warnings. They removed my Tony Oliva 1972 Topps PSA 10 card that I referenced as 1/1. In the email they sent to me, Ebay stated that "1/1" is not allowed in title unless card is serial # 1/1.

So BEWARE. You can sell a piece of grilled cheese with the image of the Virgin Mary on Ebay for $20K, but you can't put "1/1" in the title.

I will be putting the Tony Oliva card back up soon with a "POP 1" instead of a "1/1".

-Brian
  • Options
    Seems to me you could put PSA pop 1 of 1, and be OK. Screw'm try to back door them, if they're gonna nitpick the honest people.
    Always buying 1984 Ralston Purina PSA 9s and 10s I NEED 19,21, and 29!!!
  • Options
    Just re-listed my Tony Oliva....only this time with a "Pop 1" instead of a "1/1". If interested, here is a link to my auctions:

My Ebay Auctions

Thanks,
    Brian
  • Options
    marzmarz Posts: 1,601
    it's mine! it's mine! "i.own.it!"

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!