Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

ITS BEEN DONE!!! Onlyroosies has BOLDLY gone where no man has gone before!!!

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
Nick Cascio has added the last chapter in his Silver Roosie book!!!

The last MS67FB was made for his set, a 1963 PCGS MS67FB Pop(1/0), by Mike Rakosky!!!

This is one incredible set, ALL MS67FB's! imageimage

Well Nick, lets all hear about it.

Later, Paul.

Edited to add BOLDLY for Dan50! image

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Onlyroosies has gone where no man has gone before >>

As I told Nick a few years ago..
    It's " Boldly go where no man has gone before"
    Dan
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to Nick!

If ever someone deserved to be reconized it's Nick. He has contributed greatly to collectors around the country, me included. I'm so happy he got the coin he's sought for so long.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

Pictures!!!!!
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I 2nd that! Cool and I'd love to see pictures. Congrats!!!!

Ken
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I love sets like his. He has images and comments.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    morgannut2morgannut2 Posts: 4,293
    Nick C is tops in my MORGAN DOLLAR lover heart!!!!!!!! He was kind enough to sell me am MS67FT 194# -P Roosie for by mint set. It is absolutely in the top 10% for the grade and very original. He's got a great setimage
    morgannut2
  • Options
    I almost would never buy a complete set, as it's a lot more fun to put together a set yourself. But there are two exceptions (if I could ever afford and if they ever came to the market) that I'd love to buy. They're Nick's dimes and ManofCoins Quarters.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the great comments. Mike is a very good friend of mine and he has been searching
    high and low to make this coin for me. He has access to hundreds of roles and I don't know how many
    hundreds if not thousands of dimes he has looked at to find this one. I haven't received the coin yet
    but do know it is blast white and pulled from an OBW role. Because of how tight PCGS has been with
    their grades and FB designation Mike sent the coin to NGC and it came back MS67FT. He then sent it
    to PCGS under the 5 day tier for cross and it crossed first try. Mike tells me the coin is all there with
    deep bands and that is very unusual for a 63P. I'm very excited about this coin because my goal was
    to have a complete MS67FB set and this is the last coin I needed to accomplish that goal. Any upgrades
    from here on out with be lateral. I'll post a pic as soon as I get the coin.

I can't thank Mike enough for all the time he has put in searching this coin out for me. Mike use to have
    a top ranked Roosie set before FB and many of his coins are in the current top sets.

• Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    OK, enough darn praise...I'll bet maybe three in the whole set have any EYE APPEAL! image

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a really neat thread about a really cool accomplishment!

One thing I like about collectors who specialize in dimes is that they seem to get along so well. Now, contrast this situation with how well collectors who specialize in, say, Lincoln cents get along...

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    Congrats and great job to Mike "the maker" .image

Mike..............Please find me "Top Pop 10c FB's" for my 1958 Mint Set. Nick has kicked my butt on that set.
    Thanks Mike...... Walt Hutton (walt.huttton@gte.net)
  • Options
    Thanks LR, Manofcoins has a real cool wash quarter set that can't be beat. Have you
    checked out My Wash Quarter Set.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks LR, Manofcoins has a real cool wash quarter set that can't be beat. Have you
    checked out My Wash Quarter Set. >>

Oh have I checked that set out. You could say that I have molested that set time and time again....image

PS congrats on the dime!
  • Options
    ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    Now, contrast this situation with how well collectors who specialize in, say, Lincoln cents get along...

What do you mean by that statement? I didn't realize lincoln peeps had that reputation?

I have met some great PEOPLE (lincoln collectors) along the way (LincolnsRule, RegistryNut, Watersport, Clackamas & dcgolfer just to name a few) that have bent over backwards to help me out with my set, despite that fact that they are competing (and I hate to use that word) against me in the registry. Thank god I have lost the will to just pass people numerically in the registry...I now see it as a bunch of us trying to better each and every lincoln in our set...and having a hell of a lotta fun doing it! I hope to continue helping others upgrade their sets and to receive help upgrading and building my set.

I have also come to the realization that I will probably never be throwing around coins like Dan Close or Stewart Blay...but it certainly gives me something to dream about! image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now, contrast this situation with how well collectors who specialize in, say, Lincoln cents get along...

What do you mean by that statement? I didn't realize lincoln peeps had that reputation? >>

It's The Stewart Factor. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a great accomplishment. 67FB is a beautiful set. I was happy to get mine in 66 no bands with a few 67's.

Great job!!!

Russ, that sure is a beautiful Roosey in your sig line. image

Jon
  • Options
    bushmaster8bushmaster8 Posts: 5,616
    Phenomenal!image

Nick.. you da' man!

And Mike, you da' udder man!
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    I've seen that quarter set before, didn't realize it was yours. Holy Cow that is awesome too! Congratulations on quite a collection!
  • Options
    Nick your quarter set is very nice. BUT, you will forever be known as the KING of dimes.
    I Can't recall anyone past or present that has been involved in putting as many super coins in sets as you have.
    Not only have you made your sets top notch, but almost every set that gets to the top five will have coins that have passed through your hands.
    I for one wish to thank you for all you have done for Roosevelt dime collectors, past and present and future.
    imageimageimage
    Dan
  • Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭

That must be very satisfying.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options
    mnmcoinmnmcoin Posts: 2,165

<< <i>Thanks everyone for the great comments. Mike is a very good friend of mine and he has been searching
    high and low to make this coin for me. He has access to hundreds of roles and I don't know how many
    hundreds if not thousands of dimes he has looked at to find this one. I haven't received the coin yet
    but do know it is blast white and pulled from an OBW role. Because of how tight PCGS has been with
    their grades and FB designation Mike sent the coin to NGC and it came back MS67FT. He then sent it
    to PCGS under the 5 day tier for cross and it crossed first try. Mike tells me the coin is all there with
    deep bands and that is very unusual for a 63P. I'm very excited about this coin because my goal was
    to have a complete MS67FB set and this is the last coin I needed to accomplish that goal. Any upgrades
    from here on out with be lateral. I'll post a pic as soon as I get the coin.

I can't thank Mike enough for all the time he has put in searching this coin out for me. Mike use to have
    a top ranked Roosie set before FB and many of his coins are in the current top sets. >>

Nick, were you suprised to hear that the first 67FB was white?

morris <><
    "Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
    ** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
    Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
    28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
    TEMECULA, CA 92590
    (951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Nick on another great coin. You are the Roosey King!!!!!!image
  • Options
    "Nick, were you suprised to hear that the first 67FB was white?"

Morris, Not at all, I expected the first one and maybe even the first few to be white. The first 54S, 55S and 63D were
    white. I have made 5 or 6 63P 66FB's and all were pulled from OBW roles. I haven't seen any of the low pop dates
    come from mint sets. Both 57P's are album toned.

What did surprise me was that I didn't make the first one....image
  • Options
    Nick for President 2008!? image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭
    BTW.....of some interest......both of the PCGS 1963D MS67FB coins came from Mike Rakosky. The man knows dimes (and Washingtons, and Franklins too). Mike is one of those quiet, behind-the-scenes guys that's been around a long time (including being a lurker here for many years) and has been into coins for 30 or 40 years....lots of experience and a great eye.

For you clad guys, Mike is diligently working on making one or more 1970-P's in FB....another great challenge!
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    Great I wish him luck, and maybe he has access to rolls of 74 and 78, we need those FB's also. imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Does he sell rolls, or just search them?
    Dan
  • Options
    I have actually dealt with Mike R. and he does have a great eye! He sold to me about 10-11 dimes one time and greatly helped out my set.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.