Home Sports Talk
Options

Phillies Mets tonight

1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
This should be a great series. Wagner is coming back to town .... hopefully he still doesn't feel like an outcast! image

Phillies will take 2 out of 3.

collecting various PSA and SGC cards

Comments

• Options
    Phillies will take 2 out of 3

Ya, of course they will image

Boy you Philadelphia fans are always so optimistic

Dave

P.S LETS GO METS LETS GO METS LETS GO METS
  • Options
    Gotta be optimistic!

I have no problem with the Mets at all. They are the team to beat but I do like the Phightin Phils chances.
  • Options
    BTW - Any truth in Heilmann becoming the Mets closer? I also picked up Lastings Milledge last night in the hope he gets traded for Zito - my league is NL only, and if a player is traded to the AL you have the right of first refusal ... several p/o'd owners in my league image
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    no heilman will be a starter before he is a closer.

pedro glavine and trax.. pitching for mets. odds are in our favor for this series. phills did not luck out here. be easier on the phils if they faced our 3 4 5. instead of 1 2 3.

but like i said i have no problems with the phillies. its the braves i cant stand. i hope they finish 20 games out behind both teams!
  • Options
    That was pretty exciting
  • Options
    well the ump must have been paid.. no way that was strike 3 to kaz. and heilman didnt get any close strikes in that 9th.

lo duca had that play dont know what heilman was thinking.

congrats phils fans. just as i expected a 1 run game. think the other 2 will be also 1 run games.
  • Options
    I can't remember the last time I saw a walk off swinging bunt error!
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I think the Mets underestimated our #3 man. Great game, nothing less from two of the better teams in the NL. Good luck tomorrow

JS
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phils are on a beeeauuuitiful run!

• Options
    Great win for you guys

Heartbreaking loss for us

You guys are on a roll, hopefully we can put a stop to it

Dave
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    Great game...see you tonight. Gordon may have blown this save but I think he has 4 in the 9 game streak.

Highlights from the Wagner ribbing....

'THERE'S A closer, Billy," the one guy shouted at Billy Wagner, as Phils reliever Tom Gordon left the adjacent bullpen and headed out to pitch the top of the ninth inning. The Phillies fans, shouldered in along the railing above the Mets' bullpen, were hoarse and happy. Little did they know.

"Rat-ner... Rat-ner," they singsonged, as Wagner stepped up onto the bullpen mound and began to throw easily. Wagner was quoted the other day saying that former teammate Pat Burrell had called him a "rat," and Wagner was coming back to Philadelphia for the first time as a member of the New York Mets, and the Phils were leading by 4-2 going to the top of the ninth, and the atmosphere above the Mets' bullpen was foul and full-throated and festive.

"Sell-out... sell-out," they chanted, as the inning began.

"Win-ner... win-ner," yelled a lone Mets fan in reply, game but outnumbered.

"Turn-pike... turn-pike," they chanted back, and his words were overwhelmed, at least for a minute, at least until Gordon blew his first save in 11 opportunities, all with Wagner throwing loosely, all with the unprintable invective bouncing off some invisible shield around him."

...... "They had been burying Wagner for an hour-and-a-half, and now the new closer had blown the save and the old closer was watching it all right below them. Wagner had ripped them for booing too much in the past, and he had left for more money, and now he was reaping the age-old Philadelphia whirlwind. As he knew he would.

"It's going to be miserable," Wagner said, and he was correct. But then Gordon blew the save, and two more Mets runners reached base after that, and all of the c--ky railbirds
    began looking skyward for the falling safe. They knew what a karmic train wreck was approaching - Gordon blows the save, Wagner gets the save - and there seemed to be only one possible Philadelphia response: self-mocking fatalism.

But Wagner was still the foil.

"Billy, we're sorry, we take it all back."

"We didn't mean it. It wasn't your fault. Ed [Wade] was a bad GM. We love you. We've always loved you."

"Billy, it wasn't you. It was me."

I loved it. image
  • Options

10 - 2 in the 4th.

Phils are rallying. image

This one will hurt in the morning.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Lidle is a freaking waste, He and Leiber need to go now. Im all for a 3 man rotation!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Lidle is a freaking waste, He and Leiber need to go now. Im all for a 3 man rotation!

JS >>

Yeah and they'll wear out Hamels until he gets into another bar fight.

They sure do need at least one more solid starter.
  • Options
    wow well there is your blowout stalin..lol joking around. good to see mets come back strong. tomorow should be a shootout with trax on the mound!

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch.
  • Options
    like I said - Phillies take 2 of 3 image