Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

True View CD/DVD

If anyone has tried the True View CD/DVD, tell us what you think of it.
Sounds like a cool idea, having huge pictures of your coins that you can study and compare to others of the same grade.
Now I'm not talking about the 550 X 278 pixels that are on the registry pages. The CD/DVD ones are much larger, 4400 X 2220 pixels, or 8 x the size of reg. pics.
Dan

Comments

• Options
    ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    Personally, I can't imagine why one would need photos THAT big. That is REALLY, REALLY big. The regular size photos are gorgeous...Phil does a tremendous job with them.

I guess if you have another coin that is the same grade and you have TrueView pics of it too...then and only then would you be able to compare them apples to apples.

• Options
    I dunno but when my birth year set is considered complete in my eyes. They are all off to truview. I will prob never learn to take pics like those.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I like the big pics very much.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    I just had pics taken of anout 30 coins by pcgs..and I did not get a cd..is that extra ??
    Larry
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just had pics taken of anout 30 coins by pcgs..and I did not get a cd..is that extra ?? >>

Yes the cd/dvd pictures are much much larger than True View registry pictures.
    And cost $25.00 per CD/DVD, Seems to me this would be cool being able to show huge pictures of your coins on tv, or on the puter with the CD. I think these pictures are about 8 times bigger than the reg true view.
    Dan
  • Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    how do I get the cd ??

I just got links to all my pictures..

Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com