Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Toronto Sport Card Expo

Hey there,

For those who attended the Sport Card Expo in Toronto this past weekend, how was it? Please fill me in on the good, the bad, and the ugly....thanks.

Comments

• Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    I was there. Seemed to be about the same as usual--essentially the same dealers with the same stuff.

The crowds were not great IMO--perhaps the weakening American dollar versus its Canadian counterpart is causing some Americans to stay home. It was also later in the spring than normal, so perhaps the warmer weather caused some to find other ways to spend their weekend.

I had a short chat with fellow board member Greg Fisher of Cameo Cards. He resides north of Buffalo, so has been setting up at the Expo for something like 15 years. A really personable and helpful dealer. I think the show was a good one for Greg, who has some nice vintage non-hockey cards (ie. he is one of the few dealers at the Expo who carries baseball, football and basketball).

A good group of autograph guests over the three days though, especially for Bruins fans--Neely, Oates & Cheevers. Giacomin, Lafleur, Cournoyer & Francis also signed.

Cannot think of much else of relevance at the moment. Hope that helps a little bit.

Eyebone

"I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough