Home Metal Detecting
Options

Highway Rest Stops

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
I finally stopped to detect at this one Highway Rest Stop that we go by on the way to see the grandkids. This time we had gone in seperate vehicles. The wife was going to do some shopping and I drove to the rest stop and started detecting. There were a ton of pull tabs and twist bottle caps. However I just set my discriminator to miss most of them. I'm sure that I missed other stuff but I stop again. I detected for 5 hrs and ended up with $13.01 in change. No silver or wheats. Included in the change was 236 pennies. Also 3 different dog tags, 3 keys and 1 token. I have never had so many people stop and talk. I probably talked to more people in 5 hrs than I had in 10 years. One guy followed me and had to look at each coin that I found. The supervisor finally came over to see how I was doing. He said when he first saw me that he thought that I was weed wacking and he was going to tell me that I was working in the wrong place, then he realised what I was doing. He said that he finds mostly bills when he cleans up after the truckers. All in all it was a great day and "I'll be back". I forgot to add that I also found a 1917 French 10 centimes.

Comments

• Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    $13.00? Thats a good jump on Mays totals.
  • Options
    236 pennies! image I'd need a beer after digging all those up. How many wheats? Any rings or half dollars or anything? I've always wondered how productive rest stops would be.