Home Sports Talk
Options

Barry zito to mets..

mike and mike are talking about the mets involved in a deal with the oakland a's. Buster olney just said that the mets could get Barry Zito for lastings millidige(AAA prospect) if the mets wanted too(he said deal could go through if mets agreed). Intresting that rotation would be SICK

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that happens then the Mets will improve their already good chances of being a force in the playoffs.
  • Options
    I like Zito and all and think he is a great West Coast pitcher, but I would be concerned whether or not Zito could handle NY.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    bad trade written all of over it. Zito is not that good, headcase,.... should have held on to kazmir
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Zito/Hudson/Mulder didn't bring the A's any luck, I would still like a guy like Zito on my team.

JS
  • Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    last 3 years 39 wins 36 loses. try not to get too ahead of yourselves
  • Options
    Look who he's played for a non run producing team that has systematically gotten rid of all big time offensivess producers.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I doubt the A's will be giving him up as they are still in contention.

Funny, the new york media seems to think every possible free agent name is destined for a NY team.
  • Options
    ^^Who doesn't want to play for the Yankees? Come on now, by far the most storied franchise in american sports history. Plus with the checks they(mets and Yanks) cut, who wouldn't pull a Damon or Moose.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>^^Who doesn't want to play for the Yankees? Come on now, by far the most storied franchise in american sports history. Plus with the checks they(mets and Yanks) cut, who wouldn't pull a Damon or Moose. >>

Where's this coming from? All I said was the NY media seems to see every free agent as a 'potential' met or yankee, just to satiate a fan base used to having all stars at every position.

That's all I was saying.

Oh, by the way, griffey jr. is on record as saying he'd never play for the yankees.
  • Options
    athleticsfanathleticsfan Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

Hmm, lets see. The A's have a new owner that is willing to spend $$$. Oakland traded there top minor league prospect during the off-season for Miton Bradley and signed frank Thomas. Many sources have the A's picked to go all the way this year. But now just a few weeks into the season they are going to trade away there #1 starter and fan-favorite for a AAA prospect? Yeah, could happen.
    A's World Championships-1910, 1911, 1913, 1929, 1930, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1989
  • Options
    If possible, i would love to see the Mets work out a trade for Dontrelle.

I would rather see him to the Mets than Zito.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When does greencrow return from vacation?
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Too bad the Mets didn't take Barry Zito. image
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Too bad the Mets didn't take Barry Zito. image >>

I recall the Yankees were also interested in Zito. Alas he stayed in the Bay Area. image

Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"