Home Stamps Forum
Options

Mexican Stamps. Newbie

Hi. My grandmother has mexican stamps from the beggining of the XXth century. Is it a very nice collection I might say, but I don't know a lot about stamps, the colecction was from his father. The stamps are from the times of the mexican revolution to the 1950's
Is there an online price guide for stamps? Does this stamps sell well? What would be the best part to sell them? ebay?

Any help would be aprecciated
Thank you very much

Comments

• Options
    dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Hi,

There really is no online price guide, but searching the internet, you can find all sorts of auctions and info. It would help if you had a Scott Catalog for reference. You can search eBay, Yahoo, www.greggnelsonstamps.com, www.zillionsofstamps.com, www.stamphead.com, and others to get an idea of what people are asking for.

I don't believe Mexico is a hot county, but there are people looking for this. You also have to factor in condition. If the stamps have problems/faults/imperfections, it will be harder to sell. One of my friends collect Mexico, but it is higher end material and may be possibly interested depending on what you have.

If you have a stamp dealer nearby, you may want to ask them for an appraisal.