Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

What happens when you retire a registry set?

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
Let's say you have the #1 (or 2-5 or whatever) all time finest set.
Then, you "retire" it.

Later, coins get graded that place the score above yours.....does it go down, then off the list, as scores get higher?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615

<< <i>Let's say you have the #1 (or 2-5 or whatever) all time finest set.
    Then, you "retire" it.

Later, coins get graded that place the score above yours.....does it go down, then off the list, as scores get higher? >>

If a set comes in above your in the "All time" you get moved down a notch.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks...

I keep seeing people that are selling their sets and, aside from the profit, wonder why they are doing it if they had done it to be #1 or something....

btw Brian, when are you selling your FS nickel? image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615

<< <i>Thanks...

I keep seeing people that are selling their sets and, aside from the profit, wonder why they are doing it if they had done it to be #1 or something....

btw Brian, when are you selling your FS nickel? image >>

You mean the 68-D.. Nope it is staying with me. I was going to sell it to try to buy a piece of land but in the end did not need to sell it so it is staying with me for the forseeable future.

Cheers,

Brian
  • Options

<< <i>All Time Finest Sets: Should you sell your collection, you can choose to remain in the All Time Finest category if your set is at least 90% complete. (There are exceptions to the 90% rule if the set is extremely rare.) >>

I think the set has to be at least 90% complete to remain listed in the "All Time Finest" or it is deleted.
    I didn't know if that would apply to the set in question, but hope this helps.