Home Metal Detecting
Options

multiple coins from the same spot

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
Don't you just love it when you pull a quarter out of a hole and one side is brown and the other side is like new. You know there is another one down there. Would this be natural toneing?? Whatever it is I love it.

Comments

• Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭
    I found 3 quarters in the same hole about 6-7 inches deep while hunting with LordM on the grounds of an old church..............all black and dirty...........alas, they were all clads.
    imageimage

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    was detecting a hill where they shoot off fireworks and found a barber dime and a 1950's canadian dime in the same hole 7 inches down

probably fell out of some kids pocket along time ago

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once dug after a loud signal in a sidewalk strip near a bus stop, and found three relatively shallow clad quarters in the same hole. They were all fairly recent dates and obviously had not been in the ground very long. Rechecking the hole, I still got a loud signal, but couldn't find any more quarters. Finally, I dug down another two or three inches, and a 1937-D Walking Liberty half popped out! It was my first Walker half. It's kind of strange that somebody came along and lost three quarters right on top of it, years after it had originally been dropped.

My War of 1812 Light Dragoons belt plate was found about a foot deep, but a more "modern" 1870s rimfire rifle cartridge was in the same hole, six inches above it. Funny how that works sometimes.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.