Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS free grading?

Seems to me that I read here once, that when your set is 100% complete that you can submit slabed coins from another service that would qualify for that set to PCGS for crossover grading, and that its free for one time grading. I must be dreaming free from PCGS???? Am I dreaming or is there something to it, a catch or something? The reasoning is to have the best set available all in PCGS, it just doesen't figure , I must be dreaming!!

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Free Grading. We recognize that not every coin in every important collection has been graded by PCGS. In order to encourage participation in the PCGS Set RegistrySM program we are offering the following free grading benefits for sets that reach 90% completion:

If the set composition is 1-9 coins you are entitled to 1 free grading.
    If the set composition is 10-24 coins you are entitled to 2 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 25-49 coins you are entitled to 3 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 50-99 coins you are entitled to 4 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 100+ coins you are entitled to 5 free gradings.

Free gradings are for coins within the set that has reached 90% completion. You should request your free gradings with the intent to either add or upgrade your set with the coins that are being graded for free. You cannot submit the same coin twice for free grades. All coins must be submitted at one time. If your set has reached 90% complete and you have not previously received free grading for this set, please contact setregistry@collectors.com with your name, address and phone number. You will be sent by U.S. mail a submission form to be used exclusively for your free gradings. It is your responsibility to pay for postage and insurance. >>

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I wonder where *FREE* falls into the grading schedules at PCGS? I've got two in from this Registry Set offer myself.

(Humorous answers are welcomed) image
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They grade them as regular service. Every one I have used has been graded quite quickly (have another one I am getting ready to send in now)
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Russ, thanks I understand the 90% but now I am aware of the details. thanks for explaining it further!!!
  • Options
    ctgreatone,
    Russ has explained your question quite well, as usual. If you ever need this info again, it's on the PCGS
    website. Just click on PCGS Set Registry and then click on benefits. You will find this info at #3 here.

I have submitted free gradings numerous times and the turn around time is only about 21 days. This is
    a great offer. Take advantage of it.

Something free from PCGS ?
    imageimageimage

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    Please note that you may submit raw coins for your free gradings. You're not limited to crossovers.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,012 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Please note that you may submit raw coins for your free gradings. You're not limited to crossovers. >>

My turnaround times recently have been pretty good. You can't mix or match services on a single free subnission. If you get 4 free gradings for Morgans they must all be crossovers or raw but not 2 of each.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
  • Options
    numonebuyernumonebuyer Posts: 2,136
    See my Registry Set link in my sig line below.