Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Your favorite memorabilia?

Well, I've got a couple of pieces I've picked up that are Topps in my collection.

1. Game used bat from Willie Harris. I saw this guy when he was playing A-Ball for the Delmarva Shorebirds. I'd been to see the 'Birds a couple of times that season and marveled at this kids range at 2nd base. So one night I had some box seats and he cracked his bat while batting. He was walking back to the dugout and I asked him for it. He gave it to me and after the game signed it for me. A pretty interesting collection piece that I'm going to keep.

I'll post a few more later.
Collecting;
Mark Mulder rookies
Chipper Jones rookies
Orlando Cabrera rookies
Lawrence Taylor
Sam Huff
Lavar Arrington
NY Giants
NY Yankees
NJ Nets
NJ Devils
1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
GregM13
VintageJeff

Comments

• Options
    This is one of my favorite pieces, had Gibby sign it at a Gibraltar Trade Center show in the earlyish 90's. Sorry if the pic does not do this justice, but it is framed and my camera sucks!!! image
  • Options
    I picked this up back in 1998 at the Texas Rangers Foundation Auction they have every year. It is a game used ball and was the first pitch of that game. Receive a really nice COA from The Texas Ranger's Club stating it in detail.
    Boston Red Sox vs Texas Rangers : April 9, 1993
    Boston Red Sox 1, Texas Rangers 3
    I had to fight for it all the way not to the last second.

I was able to get 10 Chairs out of the old Arlington Stadium back in 1994.

This Chair came out of the Stadium where he pitched his first No Hitter, Kansas City Royals Stadium.

Thanks,

Mary
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunatlely I can not post a picture however my Favorite which is one of my least expensive is 18x24 Black & White
    Autographed photo of the Shot Heard Around the World in 1951 signed by Bobby Thompson & Ralph Baranca.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    My two game used Grant Fuhr sticks.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not arrived yet, but on the way, I have a set of game used, autographed batting gloves from Albert Pujols. They are from his MVP season of 2005. Both gloves are autographed, with a certificate that is also autographed by Albert Pujols. That means I have 3 autographs of Mr Pujols on the way. I bought them from the Pujols Family Foundation. I talked to the director, and he said that there were only 9 issued. They were sold out within 24 hrs. I was one of the lucky ones to have gotten a set.

Shane

• Options
    I have an autographed catchers mit fron Carlton Fisk gotten in person.
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Game used base from Yankee Stadium the day Derek Jeter hit his first grand slam.

It is the first game at Yankee Stadium I took my girlfriend to see.
    She never knew how much fun a game could be. We got free beer from some fans that made their way from Chicago, we saw WooWoo who made the trip, and she kept trying to figure out why the outfielders are so far apart.

You can guess that I was much more excited than her when I won the base on a MLB.com auction. Actually, she is trying to figure out why anyone would want this stuff.

• Options
    TZAHLTZAHL Posts: 649 ✭✭
    Mine would have to be a piece of the University of Nebraska Memorial Stadium turf from the early 90's with a letter signed by Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne. Framed in wood. Very nice.
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
    2003 Topps Heritage chrome and seat relics
    2006 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2007 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2008 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2006 Topps Heritage and Topps Chrome football
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I got two Dodger stadium seats earlier this year. They are installed at center court of my basketball court. Not autographed by anybody yet. Steve and Dave Sax both live a few blocks away so who knows!? Would be cool to have some Dodger's sign the seats.
  • Options
    My two favorite:

1. Rickey Henderson Game used Louisville Slugger from his 1991 MVP season (won it from a Slater's Americana auction before they merged with Heritage). image

2. Peyton Manning signed 16x20 I pulled from a pack of UD Patch Collection in 2003. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I'm a big Clemens fan

1. Unused ticket - first 20K game
    2. Unused ticket - second 20K game
    3. Unused ticket - 3000th career K game
    4. Used (but still intact) ticket - 300th win + 4000th K.

• Options
    If only I could get this thing autographed! M101-2 Shoeless, GAI cert.

• Options
    Stick used by Anthony Stewart to score his goal in the World Junior championships goal medal game for Canada in 2005. Signed by the entire team, including that Boston Bruin nobody Patrice Bergeron and that player the Penguins took #1 overall...What was his name again?image

Also, my four Al Iafrate game used sticks.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    ^^Sidney Crosby??? That's awesome stuff guys(and gals).

Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    rose14comrose14com Posts: 225
    One of my favorites, a 69 SI of Rose and Banks:
    kev

keeping my ears open for oddball cards of Rose from the 60's and 70's.
  • Options
    A letter written by Hank Greenberg. (It was after he retired from baseball but I still like the item a lot.)
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    OverratedOverrated Posts: 454 ✭✭
    1952 topps mantle anything to do with the greatest! card ever produced!!!!!!!
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    This ranks real high in my collection

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Wow, now that's one helluva piece.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    I have three favorites
    - a 1970 Reds team signed ball given to me after a game at Crosley field when I was 4 (well handled but all the sigs are legible)
    - a Harry Wright cut signature
    - a stadium seat from Riverfront Stadium Row 13 Seat 13 Signed to me, best wishes David Concepcion.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Sorry, no scans. Can't do.

Mickey Mantle signed 16x20 wearing #6 in his rookie season at spring training. Got it person, authenticated.

Mickey Mantle signed Louisville slugger bat from bat day at Yankee Stadium in 1964. Got it in person, authenticated.

Willie Mays Louisville Slugger bat from 1960's....my bat as a kid. He signed it and wrote 770 HR's below the sig. Got it in person, authenticated.

Rockie Colavito Louisville Slugger bat from the 60's....my bat as a kid. Signed and authenticated

1969 Mets World Series Champions black Rheingold bat signed by all but Ryan and Hodges.

Joe DiMaggio Life Magazine cover from 1941. Got it in person, authenicated.

Many HOF programs from the induction day.

I also have signed in person balls from Williams, Mantle, Mays, Aaron, Rose, Morgan, Bench, Berra, Larson, Thompson, Branca, Ryan, Clemens, Jackson, McCovey, Killebrew, Garvey, Rodriquez, Maddux, Mussina, Spahn......and myself.

"A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭

<< <i>......and myself. >>

Nice collection! But I got to ask, why do you have your own autograph on a ball? image
    Looking for Carl Willey items.