Price check for a 1688 quattrino papl state pope innocent 11

any help would be appreciated ,I am looking to buy it from Boom,image
Ebay Seller I.D
the_northern_trading_company
[email protected]
imageimage

Comments

• SapyxSapyx Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, there aren't any "quattrinos" issued in 1688 for the main papal states. There are some for other papal territories like Bologna that did issue quattrinos. More information is needed.
    Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Sapyx is correct, the Berman cat does not list any guattrinos for the Rome mint. Both Bologna and Gubbio are listed as having the coin in this date range, but Krause only shows Bologna with the 1688 date with a value of $30 in fine and $60 in vf. Berman's price for a fine is $18- which seems closer to my experience. Well struck, higher grade copper of this period are very hard to find (in my experience) so I can see a nice vf or better at $50 or more.

A description/scan would help tie this down of course.

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Thanks guys ,I will get more info from Boom,I appreciate all your help,MoJo
    Ebay Seller I.D
    [email protected]
    imageimage
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    This coin exists.

It is unique.

And if Boom doesn't want it anymore, I'll buy it back.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Thanks for the info,I collect Papal state coins,my oldest is a 1847, i have a 1863 UNC ,that is the pq coin lol,
    I did not know Boom won it,he thought I MIGHT LIKE IT,sorry,MoJo
    Ebay Seller I.D
    [email protected]
    imageimage
    Mojoman, I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with your deal; I'm sorry to give you that impression. Please buy the coin with my blessings. Boom is the owner and he can do anything he wishes with his property!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Whoa, whoa, whoa !!!

Amazing how things get taken out of context. Mojo asked if I had any Papal coins and I mentioned that in fact, I do.

He asked if he could buy this special piece from me. Being the special friend he is and has been (we share many things in common, one of which is deep religious conviction), I simply stated that I'd consider it.

Well, here IS the bottom line. Jester gave it to me out of the goodness of his heart. He certainly knows how much it means to me to own this very special piece and NO amount of money will EVER get it from me.

I may very well take it with me to my grave ... but then again, that IS sort of selfish, now isn't it? If I knew I was to die soon, I might well pass it along to someone very special to me and at this point in time that ONE person would undoubtedly be my friend Mojo.

Money comes and goes but this SPECIFIC PIECE is irreplacable. I have been blessed and do not NEED any money. It's simply NOT for sale for any amount of money and THAT's THAT . image
  • Thanks for the kind words Boom,we do share alot in common,and if I go before you , you can have ALL THE MEDALLIONS I TOLD YOU ABOUT,you are a good person,WITH A KIND HEART
    GOD BLESS and may he watch over you. MoJo
    Ebay Seller I.D
    [email protected]
    imageimage
    Boom, I do indeed know how much the coin means to you. I also agree that money isn't important at all in the greater scheme of things; I feel the only thing of value on this earth is faith in and love for God, for everything we have can be taken away, but not that.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• AMEN
    Ebay Seller I.D
    [email protected]
    imageimage
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165

<< <i>Boom, I do indeed know how much the coin means to you. I also agree that money isn't important at all in the greater scheme of things; I feel the only thing of value on this earth is faith in and love for God, for everything we have can be taken away, but not that. >>

I don't think you could EVER know just how true and appropo the aforementioned quote really is. If you only knew ... image