Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I don't know much about copper, but wouldn't that net grade at about vg8 or g4?
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • carlcarl Posts: 2,054
    From lousy photo looked like a G-3 if there was such a thing.
    Carl
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭

I know the feeling. You almost want to contact the seller and make a side deal.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    My goodness, just contact the seller. It's no longer on ebay, is it? So I don't believe it would be a violation of terms. Do, however, offer a little more than the opening bid, as a show of good faith.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139

<< <i>My goodness, just contact the seller. It's no longer on ebay, is it? So I don't believe it would be a violation of terms. Do, however, offer a little more than the opening bid, as a show of good faith. >>

Agreed. Ask for what he would want for it. That always puts you in the position of bargaining strength. The seller avoids the eBay+payPal fees and has some more wiggle room and probably doesn't want to relist it anyway.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536

<< <i>My goodness, just contact the seller. It's no longer on ebay, is it? So I don't believe it would be a violation of terms. >>

Yes it is a violation of eBay rules.

I was pulled early, probably because somebody did make an offer off-eBay.

I call it maybe sharpnes of a F-12, porous, lightly cleaned, too many heavy contact hits for the grade. Net grade G-6 Scudzy.
    How can it be a violation of ebay terms if it is no longer an ebay item?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How can it be a violation of ebay terms if it is no longer an ebay item? >>

I think that once an item is no longer listed on Ebay, you can contact the seller directly. EBay doesn't like it, but I don't think there's too much they can do about it.

That's how I landed my 1923-S SLQ in PCGS 64FH...noone bid on it and I traded my 23-S NGC 63FH in towards it. Just be discreet in your email to the seller thru the Ebay message/ contact seller venue.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases

<< <i>

<< <i>How can it be a violation of ebay terms if it is no longer an ebay item? >>

I think that once an item is no longer listed on Ebay, you can contact the seller directly. EBay doesn't like it, but I don't think there's too much they can do about it.

That's how I landed my 1923-S SLQ in PCGS 64FH...noone bid on it and I traded my 23-S NGC 63FH in towards it. Just be discreet in your email to the seller thru the Ebay message/ contact seller venue. >>

Yes, that only makes common sense. I wonder what Conder was talking about?

• Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    How do you contact them to make the offer without going through eBay to make the contact? If you are using eBay to make contact and buy the coin then ebay wants a cut. You are using their system. (Now of course if you have done business with them in the past and you have their direct email address then sure you can do that and avoid eBay. But if you have to use their "Contact member" page then you are using eBay to make an off eBay deal and that is in violation of the terms you agreed to.)
  • cswcsw Posts: 432
    I think it's spelled "Aarrgghh" (with 'a's and 'r's, not 'u's).

Tiger trout, Deerfield River, c. 2001.

So xphobe, what did the guy say? Did you get your coveted coin?

• Nope. I asked him how much he wanted, and he replied by asking how much I would offer. I said $30 which in retrospect was probably insulting to the guy, and he never got back to me.

Maybe this is small potatoes to you high rollers, but I've got this annoying hole in my 7070, and as soon as these puppies get to Fine the price goes all wacky, so this was an acceptable compromise for me. Oh well there will be others...

BTW, I think the "Augghhh" came from old Peanuts cartoons. Linus used to say that in moments of frustration.
    I have a Canadian friend who makes me offer a price on pieces he sends that I want to keep. I really wish he would just price them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file