Home Sports Talk
Options

Suns got robbed

WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
Did anybody see that travesty this afternoon? Nash got mauled by 2 different Lakers and the Refs decided on a jump ball. That was a great shot by Kobe at the end but the shot never should have took place to begin with. A bad call like that just pretty much ended their season.

Comments

• Options
    say it ain't so, but it looked fixed to me.
  • Options
    Mauled ?

Nash wasn't even arguing about a non foul called, he was arguing that he called a T.O

Lakers up 3-1 !! Only 4 7th seeds have ever beaten a 2 seed

Question is can they close it out. It's always hard winning that last game
  • Options
    Replay showed he has smacked about 5 or 6 times by the Lakers hands. Just because he didn't argue about a foul doesn't mean it didn't happen. The Lakers KNEW they had to foul in that situation and they got a gift by the ref.
  • Options
    I realize that but i love the Lakers image
  • Options
    Nash just gave his post game interview, he said he was slightly bumped but didnt expect that call, he argued that he called a time out. Nash made two errors he said at the end of regulation and at the end here. Nash is one of the best PG to ever grace the court and agreed that luck was a lot to do with it. He said the call wasnt bad but he called time out.

Kobe so clutch, no doubt he was going to make that one.

LA is going to be poping next week!
  • Options
    RandyMoss,

Did you see Odom after Kobe made that shot ?

Odom was so happy because he had missed that layup earlier lol. He was jumping all over Kobe
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I'm praying that the Lakers hold on and win so that the Clippers can strut in and just destroy them in the conference semis.
  • Options

<< <i>RandyMoss,

Did you see Odom after Kobe made that shot ?

Odom was so happy because he had missed that layup earlier lol. He was jumping all over Kobe >>

odom has played well, i wonder if he is smoking again and if so what. I cant wait till the clippers anounce when they will start selling tickets to 2nd round. Going to go wait in line and get some lower level tickets.
  • Options
    mnmcoinmnmcoin Posts: 2,165
    I stopped watching NBA basketball about 3 years ago for this exact reason. I just got sick and tired of seeing big market teams get call after call after call. Sure enough, the only game I decide to watch (a friend of mine was in town and wanted to go out for a beer and watch the game) was completely painful to watch. Okay, one call...the end of regulation...fine! But you gotta believe they would get one out of two right.

Most of your pro and college athletes will never talk bad about the officiating (especially when there is three games left to go) It is just not in their nature to put it on the refs or umps. It was the same way when I played college ball and the same now. You just believe that you control the outcome more even if the officiating is tilted one way or another.

If I was on the NBA officiating staff I would be completely embarassed. I for one will not be watching anymore games this year and at least several years in the future...at least until my two boys go pro. image

morris <><
    "Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
    ** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
    Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
    28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
    TEMECULA, CA 92590
    (951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com
  • Options

<< <i>I stopped watching NBA basketball about 3 years ago for this exact reason. I just got sick and tired of seeing big market teams get call after call after call. Sure enough, the only game I decide to watch (a friend of mine was in town and wanted to go out for a beer and watch the game) was completely painful to watch. Okay, one call...the end of regulation...fine! But you gotta believe they would get one out of two right.

Most of your pro and college athletes will never talk bad about the officiating (especially when there is three games left to go) It is just not in their nature to put it on the refs or umps. It was the same way when I played college ball and the same now. You just believe that you control the outcome more even if the officiating is tilted one way or another.

If I was on the NBA officiating staff I would be completely embarassed. I for one will not be watching anymore games this year and at least several years in the future...at least until my two boys go pro. image

morris <>< >>

All of the TNT anylasts, NBC aftergame anylasts said that is a no call in that situation, they argued it could've been a timeout but was way to tough for the officals to see from that angle. Rule #1 never go to the sidelines to get trapped when they have to foul you, nash should've known that.
  • Options
    << I stopped watching NBA basketball about 3 years ago for this exact reason. I just got sick and tired of seeing big market teams get call after call after call. Sure enough, the only game I decide to watch (a friend of mine was in town and wanted to go out for a beer and watch the game) was completely painful to watch. Okay, one call...the end of regulation...fine! But you gotta believe they would get one out of two right.

What about the ticky tack calls that had Kobe sitting on the bench for just about the whole quarter ? Just like in most games, either team can whine about calls. The Suns had the game won even before OT so it really never should've even came down to that play. Smush's strip of Nash was a clean play that sent it into OT

If you haven't watched games because of that excuse than im sorry your not really a true fan of the game IMO

Dave
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Kobe is so CLUTCH!!! that move and shot at the end of regulation was awesome.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    That shot at the end was just electrifying. This has been one of the best 1st round playoff series I've ever seen.

Kobe's final shot was so Jordan-esque, I can't believe it. Unbelievable.

Kobe for the win....
  • Options

<< <i>That shot at the end was just electrifying. This has been one of the best 1st round playoff series I've ever seen.

Kobe's final shot was so Jordan-esque, I can't believe it. Unbelievable.

Kobe for the win.... >>

Enjoy it now, boyz, because the CLIP SHOW IS TAKING OVER THE STAPLES CENTER in another week or so. Sam I Am, Brand, and rest of the crew are going to show the Lakers how it's done!!
  • Options
    The Suns used to be my favorite team. My new favorite team is whoever is playing the Lakers that day. God I hate Kobe.
  • Options

<< <i>The Suns used to be my favorite team. My new favorite team is whoever is playing the Lakers that day. God I hate Kobe. >>

I really can't stand him either.
  • Options
    Basketball has become a physical game and the refs definetly let the players play at the end of a game. Nash knows this that is why he isnt belly aching like a stiff like Tim Thomas is.
  • Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    it is no fun watching kobe get away with rape all the time.
  • Options

<< <i>it is no fun watching kobe get away with rape all the time. >>

That was a good one. image
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Basketball has become a physical game and the refs definetly let the players play at the end of a game. Nash knows this that is why he isnt belly aching like a stiff like Tim Thomas is. >>

I still can't believe they didn't give him that timeout.

• Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Nash was fouled big time. Fittingly, he is too much of a professional to complain about it. Kobe did what Kobe should do. He's big time. Too bad it came around under these circumstances.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Sweet justice is on the verge of becoming a reality. Game 7 coming up. This series should already be over but a win in 7 games is just as good. The Suns are a far dominant team than the Lakers so shame on them for even making this a contest. I have to give that sh*thead Kobe credit for that.
  • Options

<< <i>All of the TNT anylasts, NBC aftergame anylasts said that is a no call in that situation, they argued it could've been a timeout but was way to tough for the officals to see from that angle. Rule #1 never go to the sidelines to get trapped when they have to foul you, nash should've known that. >>

By the way, saying this was a "no-call" situation is completely wrong, anylasts or not. The Lakers HAD to have a foul there so if the refs refused to call anything, the Lakers would lose. The refs knew to call the foul. I agree he shouldn't have trapped himself but running past the half court line to the corner is the exact place that players always go when trying to call a timeout. Nash wasn't trying to trap himself, he was trying to call a TO. He didn't make a bad play, he went where he was trying to go, the refs just weren't looking for the TO.