Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

In this hot market, a slight price decrease in franklin commems.

On ebay, there were 16 (both types and finishes) ending in the last hour. lots of those folks who ordered 100 from the mint seem to be selling now on ebay, so if you missed out, check it out. Now may be a good time to buy. I just got one from a reputable source for $53 pp.
Don

Comments

• Options
    BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    Wait a year and they will probably be cheaper than that.

I don't like the coins, and haven't heard too many people at shows commenting on any "high demand" for these things either.

Could be wrong, but.....
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    Has anyone else noticed the softening prices on the Marine coins?
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options

<< <i>Wait a year and they will probably be cheaper than that.

I don't like the coins, and haven't heard too many people at shows commenting on any "high demand" for these things either.

Could be wrong, but..... >>

It will be interesting to follow. with the marine coins selling out despite the higher mintage limit, I think some folks saw the Franklins as a chance to make money. Obviously, they still are (making money) , but it'll be interesting to watch. I've never seen so many identical coins for sale all at once-likely a function of their rapid sellout...
    GAT-
    I have been impressed that the USMC coins didn't soften further, given the large number minted for a 21st century commem. Most minted since the buffalo dollar seem to sell for mint issue price or less (save for the SLC and First flight gold coins, of course). I think its a function fo the large number of loyal former Marines...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file