Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Need 1975 Baseball Collectors Option on Trimmed Gary Carter

I sent in this Gary Carter to get graded and PSA rejected it with the Not Holdered, Evidence of Trimming. I have had this card since I bought it in 1985 from a baseball card shop. I am shocked as I have had this for 20 years and I don’t think it would have been trimmed. Cards were not even that expensive back them. I think I paid $12.00 for it at the time. I have included a scan. Should I try to send it in again or am I wasting my time?

Comments

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like the border may be a little more narrow on the top right quarter of the card than the bottom right quarter, which does not occur on the left.

Is the card perfectly rectangular when placed on that edge?
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have it in a one screw holder. The card is a little smaller than the holder. I can move the card around and all four corners are square. Each side of each corner is square. The gap on each side is also the same size along each edge.
  • Id give it another try.
  • I would also resubmit. Last year I pulled a 1993 SP Jeter from a pack and sent it in to PSA. They rejected it for being trimmed. Since I pulled it from a pack, I knew it wasn't trimmed. I resubmitted it earlier this year and received a 9. If your card measures okay, then I would send it in.
  • 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Nascar-
    I think the card has been trimmed from the looks of the scan. It looks as if someone gave it a haircut on the right hand side in the purple area. I could tell if the card was in my hand. Try feeling the card on the right hand side side by running your finger down the side. Does the card have the same grain all the way down the card?

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • 1954 is right this is the easiest way to tell
    The sides feel the same with smooth and ruff spots along the edges. Thanks for you incite on this.
    I checked the size against a 2006 Topps. The sides Left/right are about 1/16 off and the top/bottom is a little less than 1/8 off. I think I am going to send it in again. If it comes back trimmed then I guess I put it away or send it off to GEM. lol
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I checked the size against a 2006 Topps. The sides Left/right are about 1/16 off and the top/bottom is a little less than 1/8 off. I think I am going to send it in again. If it comes back trimmed then I guess I put it away or send it off to GEM. lol >>

I hate to say this, but if you're off by that much this card has virtually no chance of getting slabbed image