Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Texas Coin Show Report

ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just got back from a local coin show in Grapevine Texas. Made one big mistake, I went at about lunch time. Many of the dealers were way too busy with their lunch even to say 'Hi' or acknowledge me. I had my 2.5 year old son with me and a couple of dealers gave him State Quarters (a Kansas and a Nebraska) which was nice...I will put them in his albumn for when he gets older. It did start being tough to take time and look as he started getting bored after about 45 minutes. I don't think I am going to go take him to the next show with me...too easy for me to get distracted by the shiny coins and not pay attention to him!

There were about 50 or so tables and by the time I got there today about 1/2 of them had cleared out already or were packing up. I asked a couple dealers how the show had gone and got the standard answer of 'Great' or something like that. I did overhear a conversation between a couple of guys in the hall and one was talking about how slow it was and he had only sold one thing....but it could have been something really nice for all I know. And it is a really nice Sunday here in North Central Texas!

I did notice a lot of silver bullion in the cases and several people looking at/buying bullion type items. I guess word is starting to spread about silver's rise over the past several months and folks are starting to jump in to the bullion market.

I didn't buy too much, a couple of Special Mint sets from a local dealer and a few circulated Merc's. There is the TNA show coming up next month and I am looking forward to going to that without the kids. There are plenty of things to do in Fort Worth for my wife to do while I spend time at the show!

Have a great day!

K
ANA LM

Comments

• Options
    DaveGDaveG Posts: 3,535
    Thanks for the report.

You got 45 minutes out of a two year-old?

That's really good - most of them start to lose it after about 20 minutes! image

Check out the Southern Gold Society

• Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You got 45 minutes out of a two year-old? >>

image I was thinking the exact same thing.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    I posted my report on that show in this thread in the Open Forum. I had a ball! image
    The strangest things seem suddenly routine.
  • Options
    I went to the Grapevine show Saturday. Nothing exciting, very few blockbuster coins. The Pikes' had 2 MS 1916 SLQs and an MS overdate, but no great shakes.

I bought a NGC MS65 New Rochelle and a cool tab toned NGC MS 67 1937 D Oregon comm at the show. I hope more interesting coins will be available t the TNA in 2 weeks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file