Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay bidder wants to cancel his bid....

Just got this email from a bidder with 7 feedback:

<< <i>is there anyway you can cancel my high bid, the next bid is 80 from the other buyer. i got a little carried away and would greatly appreciate it. i know there will be more bids, but i would feel much better if my bid was canceled. thank so much >>

Anyone else get emails like this? I cannot cancel as he and another bidder went back and forth with the next highest bidder being $15 so if I cancel the bid it will cancel all of his and then it will drop to $15.

Comments

• Options
    He seems like a fickle but decent person... If you force the sale you're at far greater risk on getting neg'd. Tell him you need to file a NPB to recieve your fees back, "agree to cancel sale". You'll get your fee back, then relist the card. -place this guy on your blocked list and pass the name on to us that we can do likewise.

The "Sellers" forum on ebaY is agreat resource for these types of questions. Good luck
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    You could also tell him to retract his bid.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    What's the card? If it's something that's going to sell for $150+ it probably won't matter anyway.
  • Options

<< <i>You could also tell him to retract his bid. >>

Absolutely make him retract so it shows up in his history !! I get these all the time and insist that they retract the bid if they wish. PERIOD !
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • Options
    cardfan07cardfan07 Posts: 680 ✭✭
    I had someone email me once saying that he entered the wrong amount (say $100) but was only willing to pay me $50!! Believe that I canceled his bid about 2 seconds later.

I won a card on saturday. Not 5 mins after the auction ends, I get an email from the seller. The card is lost-sorry. I email saying that's fine, but it sure seems like the $4.99 winning bid wasnt what he wanted for the card and decided not to sell it. So if you see a 1968 Dexter Press Willie Mays, PSA 7 for sale by Cincyman35, that's my card!
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector