Home U.S. Coin Forum

1882-O Morgie....

LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
MS62 IMO.....

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
"Senorita HepKitty"
"I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter

Comments

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, 62 seems about right. Nice reverse crescent, though.
  • librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭
    Even after collecting Morgans for 20 yrs I still like the looks of them.I would love to find one with golden toning in the hair on the obverse................nice coin!image......great pictures.It would go 63-64 if not for the ear scar.Also is that a die crack along the bot of the obverse and are the stars doubled on the reverse?
  • CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    Nice. Clashed and broken too.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice die clash on Libertys' neck and on the obverse wreath. Nice die weakness on the obverse.

Leo
    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
    63 Love the 82 O

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful pics!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• morgannut2morgannut2 Posts: 4,293
    Even with the perfect pictures I'm not sure what's die break, what's scratch in left field. Are all the marks abrasions?
    morgannut2
  • dwsswsdwssws Posts: 2,166
    looks like a crack running thru the first "u" of pluribus from hair to denticles, plus it looks nicely clashedimage
    steve

myCCset
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭
    Mint State Sixty Two does sound about right! Nice One Bopper!

TC71

• ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Nice looking reverse! A couple unfortunate scratches on the obverse, but overall 62 sounds about right...
    A nice late state VAM-19A. R-5 according to Leroy but probably R-6 with the crack. I'd say MS61, MS62 on a good day. Was this on here before? I could have sworn I saw it not long ago.

edit: D'oh! I didn't read the thread first. I replied a week ago.
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
    PCGS: MS63

This one and it's sister (same die crack, etc, but rainbow is on obverse (opposite endrollers)).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great Shot, what camera and lighting??
  • JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO's. You gotta love em. jws

<< <i>Great Shot, what camera and lighting?? >>

You'd have to ask Lucy that. My coin that she pictured and submitted for me (Thanks again Lucy!).

• MS62 * * *
    VAM-17A though I do need to update the rarity assessment as I have seen a number of MS ones.
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file