Home U.S. Coin Forum

Wacky price guides for 1957-P Lincolns in MS-67 ????

I was just wondering, do the folks that make these guides every look at the real market or other price lists???

1957-P Lincoln Cent in MS-67 Red-

Numismedia- $7,500
PCGS Price List- $9,250
Coin World's Guide- $125.00 !!

Here's another wacky price from Coin World

1954-P Lincoln in MS-67 Red- $100.00 ! (even NGC 54-Ps in 67 sell for almost 2 grand)

Coin World has greatly undervalued these coins in MS-67 and Numismedia has greatly overvalued it. PCGS Price guide is at least reflective of what's sold in their holders. 1957-P in NGC MS-67 holders don't sell for more than $500 from what I've seen, so what is up with these people who make these price guides lol?

Comments

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was just wondering, do the folks that make these guides every look at the real market or other price lists???

1957-P Lincoln Cent in MS-67 Red-

Numismedia- $7,500
    PCGS Price List- $9,250
    Coin World's Guide- $125.00 !!

Here's another wacky price from Coin World

1954-P Lincoln in MS-67 Red- $100.00 ! (even NGC 54-Ps in 67 sell for almost 2 grand)

Coin World has greatly undervalued these coins in MS-67 and Numismedia has greatly overvalued it. PCGS Price guide is at least reflective of what's sold in their holders. 1957-P in NGC MS-67 holders don't sell for more than $500 from what I've seen, so what is up with these people who make these price guides lol? >>

Coin World was at the forefront of modern pricing a few years ago but they've
    barely changed their prices since then.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Average "retail" prices...

Do you want retail or dealer-to-dealer?
    I listen to your voice like it was music, [ y o u ' r e ] the song I want to know.

I'd give you the world, just because...

Speak to me of loved ones, favorite places and things, loves lost and gained, tears shed for joy and sorrow, of when I see the sparkle in your eye ...
    and the blackness when the dream dies, of lovers, fools, adventurers and kings while I sip my wine and contemplate the Chi.
  • try to find one at any price !
  • pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    Easily done, depending on whose slab it's in.

If you mean pcgs, you have a point.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Koolaid of course !
  • You can send a letter to the CW editor and even provide all the evidence in the world that they are severely undervaluing....

if you like to be completely and totally ignored, that is...image
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Anybody have a list of dealers who use the Coin World price guide? I'm pretty sure most of the dealers in my area are using the Littleton catalog.

Russ, NCNE
  • LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    The 54-P in NGC 67RD that I had sold for 2K couple of years ago. All priceguides have shortcomings. That's why it's best to use multiple ones along with receint auction prices realized to get an accurate picture of where the market is.

David
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Easily done, depending on whose slab it's in. >>

Or whose coin it is.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    I sure hope that's not true. Mainly because I'm not one of the "whose"image

No, I meant something like this
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well...to make a long story short... I crashed into "Gallery Coin & Grading Company". >>

This guy's Me page is an excellent load of crap. image

Russ, NCNE
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No, I meant something like this >>

Okay, THAT'S funny. image

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • The 54-P in NGC 67RD that I had sold for 2K couple of years ago. All priceguides have shortcomings. That's why it's best to use multiple ones along with receint auction prices realized to get an accurate picture of where the market is.

I'm familar with the prices on these but I brought it up because of the oddness of the price lists. I think all the odd things with modern Lincoln pricing creates a cheap way to collect undervalued coins personally.

• << <i>Anybody have a list of dealers who use the Coin World price guide? I'm pretty sure most of the dealers in my area are using the Littleton catalog.

Russ, NCNE >>

I know of one in IL...
    Please download this app to help fight cancer at 0 cost. At no extra cost to you purchases from Amazon and other participating retailers will benefit research!

http://my.affinity.is/cancer-research?referral_code=MjI4Nzgz
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I sure hope that's not true. Mainly because I'm not one of the "whose"image

No, I meant something like this >>

Lots of solid feedback, too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file