Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Looking for some help.

Hello World & Ancient Coins Forum,

I went to the other coin board and they suggested that I try here. I have 25-30 old coins and would like to know the value of them but I have been unable to find any assistance on the internet. Coin books are an option, but rather expensive for determining the value of such a small "collection". There are no coin dealers in my area and the public library is of no help. Would someone on this forum be willing to help me?

Here's what I have:

1. Several USA and Canadian coins from mid to late 1800s and early 1900s.

2. Several coins that I cannot identify the country of origin.

3. A foreign coin with the date 1749.

4. A unique coin which almost appears to be "Home made". There are symbols but no writing or date.

I see several pictures of coins on this forum. Are those presented here by using a digital camera or a scanner? I have both if someone could give me instructions on what to do and how to do it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Waymac

Comments

• Welcome...I'm kind of in the same boat, but the members here have been a big help. I use the scanner, 1200 dpi. and then use photobucket for image hosting. It takes a bit of skill to use the camera, as you'll find out reading posts here. For the US coins the red book is available at most walmarts for a reasonable price. It has values and grading guides. You can also find an old used one...the prices for most coins in less tham MS condition haven't changed much. The PCGS website has price lists.
  • SciotoScioto Posts: 955
    Look here. Don't know if this will help but you might try searching the various forums looking forimageOSTING, Pictures or photos.
    GO AHEAD! I DOUBLE-DOG DARE YOU TO RATE ME A 1!
  • imageimage

Thanks Sci, I think I got it.
  • Welcome to the board Waymac.
    If you can post some pictures of the Canadian coins, I would glad to give you info on them.
  • SciotoScioto Posts: 955

<< <i>Thanks Sci, I think I got it. >>

I think you do too! I see an 1863 Indian Head Cent.
    GO AHEAD! I DOUBLE-DOG DARE YOU TO RATE ME A 1!
  • Numismatics,

Thanks for the Welcome and for the offer to assist. Here are a few of my canadian coins. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks again,

Waymac

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimageText