Home Sports Talk
Options

Pujols Sets April HR Record

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
Someone please tell me why pitchers continue to walk Bonds, but pitch to this guy? He's got 14 home runs already, and is absolutely on fire.

Yet pitchers try to pitch to him...unreal.

Worse yet? Bonds continues to get more press...what a crock.

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    At this pace, he would break the single season HR record easily - and cleanly. Perhaps that would overshadow the inevitable Bonds ruckus when he moves into second place all-time.

So far, there is not much to dislike about Pujols - he's one of the best hitters in the game today.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are not pitching to him like they were. He is hammering anything and everything over the wall. He is taking inside pitches and pulling them fair for home runs, and taking outside pitches and going the opposite way for home runs. The guy is simply on fire. I wonder how many he has to hit before we start talking about a legit 62. Wouldn't that be something.

Shane

• Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    im still waiting on my 3 UD rookiesof him to get here...i was excited to purchase them but its going on 2 weeks....UGH!!!!
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    They will start to pitch around him? But same has happened with many other threats. He is the real deal?
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Pujols hit 74 -- the ultimate slap to Bonds.

Pujols is such a nice guy it is almost too good to be true. I certainly hope he does not have a dark side, like Kirby Puckett did.
  • Options
    downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭
    All players go through streaks...but he is tearing it up right now at a pace to hit 94 HRs on the season!
    I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    He is a freakin' stud. I was at the game today and while Carpenter had a really strong outing, Pujols truly singlehandedly won the game for the Cards. The home run in the 8th is probably getting all the ink, but he was brilliant at first base, snatching a couple of wild throws and displaying some deft footwork around the bag. That home run wouldn't have mattered if Pujols didn't make those plays in the field. I really hope he breaks Bonds' record. And I'm sure MLB does, too.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    He is gonna be good 1 day. lol
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pujols is a MONSTER. The guy simply can hit a pitch anywhere in the zone at any velocity regardless of how much movement is on the ball. If there ever was a higher league then the bigs he would be the first draft choice.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I think the pics of it are in frankhardy's sig, but that home run Pujols hit last year in the playoffs against Houston might still be going. It sticks in my mind as being a monster shot, one that quieted the crowd in an instant, and one that seemed like it was hit by an adult playing with little leaguers...
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 walks yesterday. Luckily, the Cardinals still burned 'em.

Shane