Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

REA Auction how are your all faring?

Anybody bidding on it? I am outbid on everything and can't bid anymore - how about you?

Comments

• Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    I am winning one right now and I hope it holds up.

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    First, disapointment with Mastro - now, REA will be sending me nothing. Oh well, there will certainly be other auctions soon enough.
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Winning one, losing one that I really want. Those Dormand postcards of Hodges ar interesting....
    Wondo

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Blew my wad on Mastro. If they spaced them out a bit I'd be in this one.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    I won the lot of 7 PSA graded 1948 Leaf Short prints. My invoice says shipping and handling is $1,000 (that's right one thousand dollars). They must have really well paid "handlers"

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I won the lot of 7 PSA graded 1948 Leaf Short prints. My invoice says shipping and handling is $1,000 (that's right one thousand dollars). They must have really well paid "handlers" >>

I bet the 7 card lot cost you $25, so it probably worked it's way out.image
  • Options
    I just checked the shipping again and it was somehow corrected to $30. That's pretty reasonable. I never contacted them so they must've recognized the glitch in the system.

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Alan: New set-building or temporary distraction?
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    I am down to 2 upgrades on my 1964 Topps Hockey set (Billy Harris & Henri Richard - both tough 8's), a couple of variations (Mantle checklist D McAuliffe and #402 Phillies rookies incomplete line on my 1967 PSA 8 master set ( I upgraded my PSA 7 Marichal checklist w/one ear last night to an uglier PSA 8), and finding centered PSA 7's 1957's at a reasonable price is tough sledding.

I don't know why I like the 1948 Leaf's. They're butt ugly for the most part with terrible registration, centering, etc. With this win, I am at 50% on the set. I think the main reason that I am enjoying it is that literally ANY grade will do for my set. The short prints are a pain to find in any grade so it's the closest thing to the kind of collecting I did as a kid (where every nitpicky aspect of the card isn't scrutinized). I am committed to finishing the set but I am not going crazy on win at all cost bidding thus far.

How's the wedding coming along?

Regards,

Alan

• Options
    They were actually aware of that and sent an email out ...i flipped out too until i read this:

Hello XXXX,
    You were the high bidder in our auction REA Spring 2006:

<LOT INFORMATION WAS HERE>

Shipping and insurance have not yet been computed for final invoices.
    Final invoices including buyers premium, shipping and insurance can be
    accessed online and also will be sent by mail within 48 hours. To access
    your invoice online, login to the auction site and select “accounts.”
    Please note that prior to computing shipping and insurance, the shipping
    amount is temporarily set by default to $1,000. This is not your shipping
    charge. Your actual shipping, handling, and insurance charges may be
    higher or lower than this amount depending on exactly what you have won.
    If you have any questions, please call or write. Please note payments are
    due within 14 days. Thank you!
    http://www.cardpricer.com - More transactions than any site on the web!

Contact Us:
    info@cardpricer.com
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Sunday is the day. No last minute jitters here--mostly just last minute details and arrangements. image
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    Guru,

My jitters didn't happen until a few years AFTER the wedding. image

Regards,

Alan