Home Metal Detecting
Options

Silver Drought Finally Ended...

...Today.

The weather finally is warm enough to do some digging here in eastern Wisconsin. I hit this huge park last weekend and found a few Wheaties mostly the '40's. I went back there this afternoon and was able to dig up this '47 Rosie after a couple hours of swinging. So the drought ended after almost 7 months. Although silver Rosies are not trophy coins by any mean but it does make the hunt a success.

Comments

• Options
    nice... I know what you mean about the targets that equal success.
    and by the way, with silver going up, I heard each one is about a buck. image
  • Options
    Love the glitter of silver.....nice find!image
  • Options
    Thanks Riccar and Millennium. I hope that's a positive start for me this year.

• Options
    Nice work!

Hope this is the beginning of many yet to come this year. image
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Nice job on the rosie and silver is silver no matter what year it was madeimageHH,Tom
  • Options
    Thanks Goldrush and Tom.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last silver drought lasted more than a year, despite having a few nice sites to hunt. Last year I found all five pieces of silver in one hole! That mini-cache was almost exactly a year ago, if I remember correctly. I didn't silvered again until earlier this year. And that with a mere 1960s Roosie. So you're ahead of me. At least your Roosie is an early one.

Now I'm well into another drought, it seems.

Here's hopin' you score again soon! Gettin' silvered is fantastic, no matter what form the silver takes!

(I haven't dug a Barber quarter in a decade. I would say I'm due a nice Barber quarter or SLQ. Yeah.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    You may not think it is a trophy, but I do. I document every silver I find. When snow is on the ground and you can't go detecting, it is fun to pull out what you have found and remember the details of the dig. Nice find.
  • Options
    Thanks LM and Keith. My heart stops whenever I pull out a coin that I think it might be silver. I agree totally with you LM that the earlier Rosies are nice finds but all silver coins are sweet finds regardless.

Keith- I do the same as you. I always pull out my find periodically just to look at them even during summer time!

Thanks for the replies and HAPPY HUNTING