Home Sports Talk
Options

tennesse shouldve taken matt

They couldve had matt and lendale start and know the offense down to a pat, now you have VY who is gonna take 2-3 years to learn this complex offense.

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    They should have, and rumor is both Fisher and Chao wanted Leinart, but the GM went with Young.

Houston and Tenn both completely screwed their draft pick selections.

• Options
    Well they got Lendale White so that could help if Young is servicable.

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>They should have, and rumor is both Fisher and Chao wanted Leinart, but the GM went with Young.

Houston and Tenn both completely screwed their draft pick selections. >>

Nobody screwed the pooch like Buffalo
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    The rap against Matt is a perception of lack of mobility and arm strength in throwing the long ball. I'm sure that is why the Jets, Raiders and Titans passed on him.

Arizona was willing to take a chance (this pitiful franchise has
    been down so long what do they reallly have to lose?)
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Lots of strong armed quarterbacks have been complete busts.

And I don't think anyone would think that Tom Brady has a cannon of an arm, neither did Montana.

• Options
    kyle boller has a super strong arm, how did that one turn out.
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    2 years before Boller is out of the league...the guy cant play AT ALL...
  • Options

<< <i>2 years before Boller is out of the league...the guy cant play AT ALL... >>

no arguement here
  • Options
    Brady has a fairly strong arm and Montana had deadly accuracy Matt Leinart will not have near the carrer of either of them, though i hope i am wrong as i have alot of respect for Denny Green.
  • Options
    Boller can play. But only about 1 game per season. It's amazing how much better crappy QBs become when they're fighting for their job. And how freaking awful they can be when they have nothing to worry about... i.e. Brett Favre.
  • Options
    Clearly Leinart has one eye on football and one eye on hollywood. He won't have the drive or dedication to be a serviceable NFL QB. He'll be the Rick Fox of the NFL.
  • Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    Jeff freaking George had a laser for an arm. He turned out to be a pretty average player. V. Young has terrible mechanics, not going to bevery good
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Bud Adams did it just out of spite to Houston.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    What's with all the crap on Leinart around here? Could he have any better of a college career? He's got every chance of being as good as Brady or Montana. His only downfall is being a Cardinal but sometimes teams changes their philosophies, i.e. the Clippers. And to say that he won't have the drive or dedication to be an NFL quarterback is a bit premature. He's done nothing wrong, only done everything right, and people are ready to give him the Ryan Leaf Sportsmanship Award. Just because he's friends with Nick Lachey doesn't mean anything. Shaq was "friends" with Cindy Crawford and he isn't star struck. Give the guy a chance. Judge him in a year from now.
  • Options
    I'm a PAC-10 guy 100%. Grew up in Tempe and seen hundred of Pac-10 football games.

That said, I think the NFL is getting sick of Pac-10 QB hype. I think Tenn is wrong here but it makes sense given that numerous overrated Pac-10 QBs have been paid tons of $$ and blown up in NFL. I think Vince Young is a joke and time will prove me right (or wrong). Leinart seems like a different type of Pac-10 QB, more Bledsoe than Leaf. This will def be a year where everyone looks back and says "that guy was drafted ahead of so-so."

Actually, you can already say that about Bush and whomever Texas picked.