Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another Grading Service - NU Coin Grading

The third world grading services just keep springing up. I haven't seen this one before, have you?

"link"

Then the seller says the Morgan is worth $27,500 in PCGS slab. keyword spamming
image Scottish Fold Gold

Comments

• Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    No, I have not seen them before. These companies seem to pop up like mushrooms after a rainstorm.

Tom
    Tom

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    i am taking this all to mean the end is near.
    there are too many ways for the average collector
    to get duped. it reminds me of the 80s.

but hey, those that got ripped during the 80s could
    probably break even today.

20+ years later.

• Options
    Note the ripoff of the scales logo that's used by NGC. I think it's time to saturate the Ebay listings with "Crap-U-Slab" auctions for educational purposes again.

Crap-U-Slab
    J.C.
    *******************************************************************************

imageimageSee ya on the other side, Dudes. image
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    The question is how can the general population of newbie collectors get educated so they don't get ripped off? If only the news channels would start advertising these rip offs maybe more newbies would do more thorough research. They do it for stock so why not for coins. It does not take much research to realize that 90% of the TPG's are no good and to treat pricing like the coins are raw. i.e. buy the coin and not the holder. e-bay makes this impossible. image
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The jerk also has a second "slabbing" company-CRC.
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a Coin World holder.
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    Maybe someone should send a copy of the ad to the right person at NGC. NGC might want to pursue trademark infringement against this guy for using their logo.
    image Scottish Fold Gold
  • Options
    OldgrumpOldgrump Posts: 119 ✭✭
    What makes it even worse is that the grade isn't even in the ball park. Correct me if I'm wrong but the breast feathers cry AU and they have the ba*&s to call it ms65.
    Steve
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I wonder if the buyer is currently doing the happy dance, thinking he just got a $27K coin for a couple hundred dollars.... image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Yes, I've had one for well over a month now. and don't confuse NU-Coin Grading Service with Nugrade Coin Grading Service. they aren't the same company.

CRC is not the same company either and predates NU-Coin by at least 8 months or so.

<< <i>It's a Coin World holder. >>

And your point is?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file