akili smith
joey harrington

and now....

vince young.

Looking promising =)

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Vince Young is going to be a complete and total bust.

Titans should have picked Leinart...AZ got the steal of the draft getting Leinart at 10.
  • Options
    Just like gambling streaks/record, prior performance is no indication of future performance.

Just because the prior #3 QB picks haven't panned out, doesn't mean future 3# QB picks won't pan out either.

• Options
    Cutler is tough to compare since he had no talent to work with, but I think he might end up being the best of the three QB's...
  • Options

<< <i>Vince Young is going to be a complete and total bust.

Titans should have picked Leinart...AZ got the steal of the draft getting Leinart at 10. >>

Spoken like a true Bucs fan who has no ability to evaluate QBs and lets good talent sign with other teams.

Calling Brad Johnson...

• Options

<< <i>Spoken like a true Bucs fan who has no ability to evaluate QBs and lets good talent sign with other teams.

Calling Brad Johnson... >>

So NOW you want to say that Brad Johnson was good talent? Hmm the fact he's in his last years, immobile, and the Bucs have a great prospect in Simms?

And this comes from an Eagles fan? The Eagles, who let every player not named McNabb slip away?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

• Options
    One problem i see with Young is that he had problems working under center at Texas which is why he worked in the shotgun so much last year
  • Options
    And another problem - the players don't get slower in the NFL, they get incredibly faster. All these 'plays with his feet' he made in college he will not be making in the pros. Throw in his horrific delivery, and inability to comprehend offenses (he 'improved' to a 17 on the Wonderlic test!) means he will flop.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    The Eagles, who let every player not named McNabb slip away?

name them ... we all know about the TO saga, so name them - as well as what they have done.

I would LOVE to have a live sports talk w/you man ... it would be a grand time.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    It would be grand for you because you'd finally talk to someone not drunk on eagles kool aid.

Look, if you can't see, objectively, that the eagles are notorious for cutting their long term players, instead of rewarding their loyalty and great play with contracts, well, I can't help you. Other than this year, when they signed Westbrook and a kicker (?) just to show up TO, they have a long standing tradition with the current ownership of not paying their players.

And now, who will they have at WR? The last I heard, you eagle fans had your hearts pinned on Walker. Trouble is, he's gone, just like your hopes of your team making the postseason this year. It's good you guys are drafting well, you'll have lots of opportunity to draft high again NEXT year.

• Options
    Once again, the brainless but argumentative axtell avoids yet another question that calls him out.

First and foremost, I do not drink Eagles Green Koolaid. I am a fan, an optimistic one, but mostly a realistic fan ... there is no way I would be posting about the Eagles having a great shot in 2006 if I really didn't think they had one. I'd still post, still hate the cowboys, and still root for the Eagles.

Other than TO, the Eagles have NEVER released a player that did anything the following year. The list is endless ... the player they release are released for a reason, and they just had another superb draft getting Bunkley (w/o trading up) and Justice - two huge impact players.

Name the players they released, and tell me what they did. If there is another "Eagles went 6-10" or "McNabb stinks" I'll know you don't know what the heck you are talking about.

Do you have a hard on for Yanks and Eagles fans? Even the Cowboys fans get along with Eagles fans on these boards.

You ... well, you just argue everything - w/o FACTS to back it up.

NAME THE PLAYERS ...
  • Options
    TTT

I am sick of axtell running his mouth and then someone calls him out and the light bulb turns blue ....
  • Options
    Eagles went 6-10
  • Options
    thanks RCGuy ... Your comments are always little blurbs like "haha" or stating a record.
  • Options
    haha
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    It's worth noting that as of right now the odds for the Eagles to win Super Bowl XLI are the longest of any of the teams in the NFL East. That is one tough division, and it's not clear how they get past Wash. and Dallas without a decent WR.

I do agree that Tampa is probably going nowhere, given that the best team in the NFC (or second best, depending on where you put Sea.) resides in their division. And the Falcons won't be a pushover either.
  • Options

<< <i>TTT

I am sick of axtell running his mouth and then someone calls him out and the light bulb turns blue .... >>

Heaven forbid I have things to do other than sit here and wait for your response...obviously that's what you are doing.

I am sick of 'fans' like you who claim to be objective, yet are the furthest thing from. How in the hell can you possibly think you are going to be competitive this year? Jesus, man, your QB is going to have NOBODY to throw to, your 'star' RB would be a third down back on many other teams, you lost the best player in all of football, and the organization has quickly grown a reputation as a place where you go to NOT get paid. Do you think there's a reason you guys didn't sign a single big name free agent?

I think it speaks volumes about the organization when there are people on the team who supported TO and not McNabb. It speaks volumes about McNabb's (lack of) leadership, and speaks to how management treats its players.