Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

2006-D Roosie in MS67FB pop??? One was made and is sitting in......

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
The Climbing Clads set! imageimageimage

Its nice to see that one has been made already for this year, as it was just like Nov. of '05 when the 2005's were made.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Yes I saw that coin had been added to his set. I knew he was looking for a nice 06-D in FB, and I see he found one.
    I also think a 68FB will be made, but someone is going to have to look through a lot of rolls to find a close to mark free coin.
    I can't get D mint dimes in my area, except on ebay. Price per roll and shipping makes this to expensive to search the number of rolls it will take to make 68 FB's.
    Would have been nice to make enough for everyone who prefers the true business strike's.
    It's a shame, but I could not afford to put away a couple boxs of these early strike rolls before they get put into circulation.
    I did get 10 rolls off ebay, we'll have to wait and see how many nice ones come from this small batch.
    And I did stick one in the batch I'm waiting on from PCGS now.
    Dan
  • Options
    Thanks to the Mint we have to go through this agony EVERY YEAR!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Make the pop 2/0 but not showing in the report yet.
    Dan
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Dan, You have made some tough coins there. Congrats on your many upgrades. That's two 2006 full band coins already, there must be some nice roll coins out there. Fred
  • Options
    The 2006-D rolls I have seen have real nice luster and surfaces, with most being in the MS64-66 range (no surprise there), but real FBers seem few and far between.

I have a couple rolls of 06-P but haven't opened 'em yet.
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options

<< <i>Dan, You have made some tough coins there. Congrats on your many upgrades. That's two 2006 full band coins already, there must be some nice roll coins out there. Fred >>

Thanks Fred, but not all was well with the results from this batch. And as a side note, the SMS curse is still in effect. image
    Dan
  • Options
    The real challange will be to make a 2005 or 2006 Non-SF MS68FB! You guys are doing great (Better then me) but you are going to have to search and search and search several HUNDRED rolls probably to find this ultimate coin.

When you find it...You will be rewarded!

Later, Paul

Later, Paul.
  • Options

<< <i>TextThe real challange will be to make a 2005 or 2006 Non-SF MS68FB! You guys are doing great (Better then me) but you are going to have to search and search and search several HUNDRED rolls probably to find this ultimate coin. >>

There's nothing I would love better that to go through box after box of P&D 05/06 dimes. Problem is you have to get them through your bank. Since my wife works at a local bank I can't get them that way. This bank takes a huge amount of coins in from several vending companys, and has no need to get fresh rolls of dimes.
    Dan
  • Options

<< <i>There's nothing I would love better that to go through box after box of P&D 05/06 dimes. Problem is you have to get them through your bank. Since my wife works at a local bank I can't get them that way. This bank takes a huge amount of coins in from several vending companys, and has no need to get fresh rolls of dimes. >>

This IS the dilemma isn't it? You can't buy rolls from your bank, you can't buy rolls from the mint. Where do people get them?

I have been to or called every bank in town, and went downtown bank hopping in Chicago. I even went to the fed reserve bank where they keep the coins and they don't deal with the direct public. They used to when my Grandmother was 10 years old! image If I could go to my bank and buy FACE VALUE dimes from Denver and Philly, I would probably have all of the '05 & '06 dimes in 68FB! I would virtually search until I made one.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Paul, An MS68FB 05-D non-satin finish may be a wonder coin if it even exist. How about we start
    with a 67FB non-SF. I don't think there has been one graded 67FB yet.
  • Options
    Nick:

I sent you an E-mail. let me know what you think.

Later, Paul.
    Post #900!

Later, Paul.
  • Options

<< <i>Paul, An MS68FB 05-D non-satin finish may be a wonder coin if it even exist. How about we start >>

I have one that may make 67, its a FB's for sure, but grade depends on powers above.
    Nicks right on the 68's, trick is to get all three things on the one coin.

1-Mark free surface
    2-Full Bands
    3-Enough eye appeal to catch the graders eye.
    Dan
  • Options
    With a little persistance, luck and lots of rolls, I do believe that the post '04 dimes can and will be made in 8FB.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.