Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

NEW WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE!!! Thanks for all your input!

After months of working on my new website, I think it's about ready to launch. My goal is to have a site that focuses mainly on NCLTs, but will have a smattering of other items as well. Although the site only has a little over 350 products listed at the moment, we hope to have it up over the 1000 mark very quickly once we are sure that all the bugs have been worked out.

I know a lot of you have your own websites and I would REALLY appreciate your input, regardless of how bad it hurts my prideimage Feel free to post your comments on the site Forum, or in here if you want. By the way, this link will allow you to browse the site, but it is NOT live at this time. When it does go live, I will post the link under my sig line.
The website is now up and running. Here is the URL: www.blackmountaincoins.com

Thanks to everyone that gave their input. The addition of the PayPal link in the checkout page was a great idea we had totally overlooked. We will also be checking on the page color and see if we want to make some changes there. I also want to thank all the PMs I got with spelling corrections image We currently have 370 products on the site, I will post a thread when we hit the 1,000 product mark.
danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."

Comments

• Dan - The site looks really nice - The pictures are excellent! My only comments are:
    1. My own feeling is that the red and yellow combination is not as pleasant as another combination might be.

2. There seems to be a redundancy with two catagories, animal coins and wildlife coins.

Just my opinion, I'm looking forward to the release for more browsing until I find the one I can't live withoutimage

Shep
  • spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Right now I've only given it a superficial look at the front page. Looks good in MS IE and Firefox, but does something funny with the side columns in Opera (v.8.53), here's a screen cap:

I'll take a better look when I have time, but aside from CSS compatibility, so far it looks great! image
  • danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

<< <i> There seems to be a redundancy with two catagories, animal coins and wildlife coins. >>

I thought about that but couldn't get myself to put the cat and dog coins under wildlife, and a lot of wildlife coin collectors might not want to spend the time going through the cats and dogs to get to the coins they really want to see. That having been said, maybe some others can weigh in this question as well.
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any W.L. halves for 50c.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Nice site!!
    Found a couple spelling errors on the world bulk page.
    ....Always a popular item, we unfortunately have to exclude them from our "free shipping" offer because the cost of shipping can be greater 'that' (than)the price we charge for the coins. We sell lots of 1, 3, 5, 10 and 22 pounds and we guarantee that less 'that' (here again)one percent of the mix....
  • I actually like the colors although I suspect I am a little color blind (at least my wife tells me I am!)

One of the photo links didn't work on the 2004 Canadian set on the front page. The enlarged picture works but the first link said property of blackmountaincoins.com in pink

Altogether a nice set though

Dr J
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't see any W.L. halves for 50c. >>

I think they sold out of those the other day!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • harashaharasha Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the color scheme. Sharp and distinct.
    My input: I did not see information on what sort of payment you accept. Do you do PayPal?
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • I like it but you are missing a Conder Tokens Selection. image
    Bill

09/07/2006

<< <i> My input: I did not see information on what sort of payment you accept. Do you do PayPal? >>

WOW, great comment. I had totally forgotten about a PayPal link. I'll get it installed on Monday before we go live. Thanks!image
    danglen

My Website

<< <i> I like it but you are missing a Conder Tokens Selection. >>

Conder token section will be here when I install the Exonumia category. Won't be too long, but I have other things I have to get up there first image
    danglen

My Website

• Dan,

I would add to Shep's comment. I would suggest that the "yellow" be just a shade or two lighter. It would not be so harsh and your logo will standout better.

Just my 2 shillings worth.
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: [email protected]
    SHEP and WAYNE, I'LL talk to the site designer and see if we can lighten the color a bit. Other than that I think we are ready to go live as soon as we get the PayPal plug-in installed.
    danglen

My Website

• Great site
  • RickeRicke Posts: 677

I think the site looks good.

I don't have much experience with a business site, but since it is an internet business, I would add information about payment terms, privacy policy, and returns - any sort of layaway program you might have for high end pieces (if you have one). Maybe general grading terms for new collectors.

Aside from that, I do think the white and yellow domination of the page does not do your inventory justice, but the format is really neat - I like your set up.
    The website is now up and running. Here is the URL:

www.blackmountaincoins.com

Thanks to everyone that gave their input. The addition of the PayPal link in the checkout page was a great idea we had totally overlooked. We will also be checking on the page color and see if we want to make some changes there. I also want to thank all the PMs I got with spelling corrections. We currently have 370 products on the site, I will post a thread when we hit the 1,000 product mark.
    danglen

My Website

• Nice site, I looked at it yesterday.... image

• wybritwybrit Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭
    I don't have any input to the site, other than it looks very nicely and professionally done.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.