Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I'm interested in 1974 Topps fb...

I'd like to start collecting this set in PSA 9, but there seems to be a lack of interest. It's sandwiched in between 5 great/HOF RC loaded sets (71, 72, 73, 75, 76) and seems to be overlooked. Is there anything I should know before starting the set? I see the BBCExchange has wax and rack packs. I was tempted on buying a rack pack but $180 seems high (for 39 cards...)...

Regards,

Greg M.
Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

Comments

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Greg, That is an awesome set to collect ! I can tell you the main man to talk to about the 74's is Sideplates. He is #1 in the set registry and probably has several 9's that he is willing to part with considering he has loads of 10's. He is a great guy to deal with, I havent seen him around in awhile though. I dont know if you have seen the latest Andy Madec auction catalog, but there are several 74 football 10's in there up for auction. Good Luck, That is one tough set !

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

Go for the rack. I bought a wax pack from him a few weeks ago and it wasn't so hot. The centering is tough as hell. If not t/b then its slanted. I have about 40-50 to submit that I think(FWIW0 could fetch a 9. Great set. I also have picked up some great raw 74's off eBay because it is overlooked.

Here are the stars from that break:

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions