Home Sports Talk

Wow Bush WONT be #1 pick

Reportedly Williams reached an agreement with Houston

Comments

• SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Hmm, I wonder how busy the Saints' phone line is right now?! lol
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hmm, I wonder how busy the Saints' phone line is right now?! lol >>

Hope the Eagles are one of them - it would mean an automatic Lombardi Trophy for the upcoming season.
  • Hope the Eagles are one of them - it would mean an automatic Lombardi Trophy for the upcoming season.

Always a comedian in the group
  • JMO, but O-line should be a priority for Houston. Trade down baby.
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Mario Williams is a baaaad man. Bush a Saint? Or will they package that pick into 2 or 3 picks?
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hope the Eagles are one of them - it would mean an automatic Lombardi Trophy for the upcoming season.

Always a comedian in the group >>

Either way we beat the stinkin' Cowboys twice.

• Don't be surprised if the Eagles trade up.

They have been too quiet.

The Saints are shopping their pick.
  • Either way we beat the stinkin' Cowboys twice.

You mean kinda like the way it happened last year ?
  • Are you guys dealing for Walker or what

I've heard Denver, you guys and 1 other team

Dave
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    The Eagles need a hell of a lot more than just Reggie to even sniff the playoffs, let alone winning the super bowl.

too bad you won't take my "shut the funk up for a week" bet ....
    Does the truth hurt that much?

The Bucs have a much more likely shot of being the NFC representative in the super bowl than the eagles do. And please, don't quote me any vegas odds, those are lines to encourage betting and are not meant to predict games.

And the Texans passing on Bush just goes to prove why this franchise is destined to ALWAYS suck wind.

• If Houston wanted to pick Mario Williams from the get go, why didn't they just trade down to maybe the 7 or 10th spot? Mario should have still been available then, plus the Texans would have gotten some value for the 1st overall pick.
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>If Houston wanted to pick Mario Williams from the get go, why didn't they just trade down to maybe the 7 or 10th spot? Mario should have still been available then, plus the Texans would have gotten some value for the 1st overall pick. >>

My undersanding is that Williams was going to go in the top 5 ,so he probably wouldn't have been there.

But your point still holds. When you suck as bad as the Texans the goal should be to get more than 1 quality player. Someone-- I can't remember who, but it was a guy on ESPN-- once said something that made a ton of sense. He said that all the draft really does is spot the worst team in the league one more great prospect than it does the Super Bowl champ. You figure the Steelers draft 32nd, and the Texans draft 33rd, and so on and so on, which just leaves the number 1 pick as the only 'extra' pick of any value.

This team needs much, much more than one more player to be competitive. If the Chargers/ Giants deal from two years ago is any indication of what the first overall pick is worth they could have traded that pick for another decent first round pick AND at least one more future first rounder. I'd have swapped first rounders this year with some inept franchise like the Lions or Cardinals, since they're sure to be drafting high for the next 20 years, and given myself an opportunity to pick up more decent players in the next few years. Without a decent O-Line Carr is useless, so I think I would have traded down and prayed to every God that was listening that Ferguson would have still been on the board, since a player like that would be like getting two players this year-- Ferguson and Carr.
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    PARTY!!
  • SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>Does the truth hurt that much?

The Bucs have a much more likely shot of being the NFC representative in the super bowl than the eagles do. And please, don't quote me any vegas odds, those are lines to encourage betting and are not meant to predict games. >>

Come November you'll be cryin' about having no QB.

Simms goes down and there is nothing left, and Chrissy ain't no prize either.
  • WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    The Texans keeping the #1 pick and not taking Bush is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. If they don't want him, they should trade down. I know they suck wind but their office guys can't be that stupid. People are calling him a "once in a decade" player. I hope he slips to 32nd, lol.
    The truth doesn't hurt, the Eagles will compete. If I didn't think so I would not have bet you that LOSER stays off the board. You can't take that bet, because you can't stay away ... and you know if you took that bet, we wouldn't have to listen to your yap for a week.

When it comes to you, sig line bets are obsolete.

Eagles vs Bucs ... loser is off the boards for a week. Put your money where your big friggin mouth is.

• << <i>The truth doesn't hurt, the Eagles will compete. If I didn't think so I would not have bet you that LOSER stays off the board. You can't take that bet, because you can't stay away ... and you know if you took that bet, we wouldn't have to listen to your yap for a week.

When it comes to you, sig line bets are obsolete.

Eagles vs Bucs ... loser is off the boards for a week. Put your money where your big friggin mouth is. >>

Booyah!!!

Come on Princess Axtell. Quit messing with your pink panties and ante up.
  • The Jets are in the best position to trade up as they have the 4th pick and the 29th pick. They will obviously have to give them both up to move to # 2. No one else can provide such a deal unless they want to give up number one picks in future years. Curtis Martin is just about done so I expect the Jets to make this move to get Bush. Of course we're talking about the Jets here so passing up Bush to pick up an offensive tackle is the sort of thing they're known for.
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Texans keeping the #1 pick and not taking Bush is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. If they don't want him, they should trade down. I know they suck wind but their office guys can't be that stupid. People are calling him a "once in a decade" player. I hope he slips to 32nd, lol. >>

AGREE!!!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭

<< <i>Of course we're talking about the Jets here so passing up Bush to pick up an offensive tackle is the sort of thing they're known for. >>

I'm sorry that I was right image
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And the Texans passing on Bush just goes to prove why this franchise is destined to ALWAYS suck wind. >>

Sorry for the delayed response but I just got back in town late last night....

This is coming from a Buc's fan. Uh, not too long ago, the Bucs were known as the WORST franchise in NFL history. Didn't they have 11 straight years of losing at least 10 games?

How many years did it take just to have a winning season? How many years before they made their first playoff appearance? How many years before they won a playoff game? And how many before they won the Super Bowl?

And the Texans have been around for how long?

Uh, excuse me but your poo sure doesn't smell like roses from where I'm standing.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts