Options
1817/3 puts me at 50% complete...........Half way there!!
cmanbb
Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
0
Comments
wtg!
As a side note- Don't you agree that they should remove the 1817/4 from the variety list because it almost guarantees that the set will never be 100% complete.
In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson
<< <i>Don't you agree that they should remove the 1817/4 from the variety list because it almost guarantees that the set will never be 100% complete. >>
Absolutely should be removed from the set due to 8 examples known, but I understand why it's there.
This set will NEVER be complete because of this variety
Capped Bust Half Series
Capped Bust Half Dime Series
I like your 1817/3. Congratulations on arriving at that 50% mark.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JRocco,
I see no good reason to include the 1817/4 in the registry set requirements. All it does is tell subscribers that they can never complete a set. Sounds very counterproductive to me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TomB said "The 1817/3 is my favorite CBH and I think the coolest US overdate of all time!". It is also my favorite.
Nice coin.
J
siliconvalleycoins.com
<< <i>What about the 1812/1 LARGE 8? A nice PCGS AU50 will likely run about $25,000. >>
mozin,
At least the 1812/1 LG 8 IS obtainable............It will most likely be a VF35-XF45 if I can find one of them, but all grades will be considered.
Congratulations Larry. Its one heck of a set you're working on.
TomB: I agree with you, I also love the 1817/3, its a neat overdate. Larry's coin looks very well struck as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !
New Barber Purchases