Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Results from another $500 in halves.

I picked up another $500 in halves this week. I did not do as well as last week.
19 40% Kennedys
4 1964 Kennedys
1 1957-D Franklin in F-VF
Not really exciting, but enough that I will probably do it again next week.
I collect circulated U.S. silver

Comments

  • Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭
    Cool!
  • Options


    << <i>I picked up another $500 in halves this week. I did not do as well as last week.
    19 40% Kennedys
    4 1964 Kennedys
    1 1957-D Franklin in F-VF
    Not really exciting, but enough that I will probably do it again next week. >>



    What part of the country you in ? I picked up $500 in halves and got 5 40% Kennedys and 1 50c piece from Bermuda. image
  • Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up 500.00 in halves, but it ended up being only 499.50......
  • Options
    What is everyone doing with the discarded halves? My bank would blow a gasket if I handed them $500 in coin.

    Another question: are you getting you halves from big banks like Wachovia or small community banks. Typically the small banks just get them from a bigger bank.

    I am amazed at what is being found.
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374 ✭
    The trick is to spend the halves when you go out to dinner or a movie. Heck, this past week I took and spent $170.00 on boxes and packing materials.....all in halves.

    Get creative!!!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

    Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭

    Be careful where you spend them. They will recirculate back to you when you try the bank again. Kind of fun to see them 2 or 3 times!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file