Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

3 Wax boxes just arrived!

I just got 1986 Topps, Fleer and Donruss wax boxes from BBCE. It feels like Christmas. I will rip them tonight and hopefully show all the beauties.
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    rip it, rip it good. let me know how the fleer are. i've had centering issues the last box i busted.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    and hopefully show all the beauties

You're referring to us, right??

Wick

Enjoy collecting vintage baseball cards, memorabilia and autos
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully my 10 rack packs of 84 Donruss will arrive this afternoon and we can have a MEGA - Bust Tonight !image

• Options
    darn, i busted 2 81t bsb wax last night...i should have waited.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I hate having the boxes sitting here and not being able to open them while I am at work.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Why wait? Bust them up! image
  • Options
    what gosteelers said....do it

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options

OK, 1986 fleer has been ripped. Great coalation and centering. I would say that less than 10% of the cards had chipping or a rough corner. Scans to come...
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Be careful on the T/B centering. A lot of those cards you posted look 60/40 T/B or worse.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is with Hatcher's glove Never saw that before! The ol knuckle ball glove image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>Be careful on the T/B centering. A lot of those cards you posted look 60/40 T/B or worse. >>

The Ripken, Ryan and Clemens? I wasn't sure but I thought those were too o/c t/b.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>what is with Hatcher's glove image Never saw that before! >>

Me neither, that's why I posted it image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    Hatcher was a nut.. i think he had some other cards with oddball photos, too..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Zef, you got some nice ones there, Keep em coming !

• Options
    zef,
    nice fleers...keep 'em coming.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options

The Donruss had 4 cards that were submittable. The centering and coalation was brutal. The packs and cards were sharp, but nothing gradable. I got 4 of many cards and none of some others(Clemens, Ryan, Jackson, Gwynn, Smith, Sandberg, Eck...) Gotta love the Donruss coalation. I once opened a pack of 1981 Donruss and it was 12 of the exact same card! All the same checklist.

The 1986 Topps box had not one card that I would submit. The packs were beat up and the cards showed wear. I am glad I only paid $13 for this box or I would be PO'ed big time. It also was the only box that Steve didn't shrink wrap. I wonder if it was at $13 because he put a low price because the packs showed wear. Also, these are tough freaking cards! I think racks are the only way to go on these because they chip really easily on the black at the top.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>The Donruss had 4 cards that were submittable. The centering and coalation was brutal. The packs and cards were sharp, but nothing gradable. I got 4 of many cards and none of some others(Clemens, Ryan, Jackson, Gwynn, Smith, Sandberg, Eck...) Gotta love the Donruss coalation. I once opened a pack of 1981 Donruss and it was 12 of the exact same card! All the same checklist.

The 1986 Topps box had not one card that I would submit. The packs were beat up and the cards showed wear. I am glad I only paid $13 for this box or I would be PO'ed big time. It also was the only box that Steve didn't shrink wrap. I wonder if it was at $13 because he put a low price because the packs showed wear. Also, these are tough freaking cards! I think racks are the only way to go on these because they chip really easily on the black at the top. >>

I'm not sure I would put that on Steve. I broke an 2 box rack case and came out of it with 1 card that was submittable; and it was a freaking checklist! If you get a bad batch of these forget about it.

• Options

<< <i>I'm not sure I would put that on Steve. I broke an 2 box rack case and came out of it with 1 card that was submittable; and it was a freaking checklist! If you get a bad batch of these forget about it. >>

I agree. The centering and the lack of star cards can by no means be put on him. The condition of the packs however was not good. I don't know if this box was on the bottom of the case or if it had been moved around a lot, but the corners of the packs and cards showed wear. This was also the 3rd box I opened on the night and the first 2 were pristine cards, so that may have warped my perception. I bought a 3 box rack case of 86 Topps from Steve too a while back, and it was awesome.

Like I said, for $13 its just a bad box and I'll move on. If it was $500+ and in this condition, I would not be happy. I also should add, that there may have been a disclamer that the packs were not in great condition that I missed. I was in buying mode and it was a last minute add on because I saw a $13 box.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm not sure I would put that on Steve. I broke an 2 box rack case and came out of it with 1 card that was submittable; and it was a freaking checklist! If you get a bad batch of these forget about it. >>

I agree. The centering and the lack of star cards can by no means be put on him. The condition of the packs however was not good. I don't know if this box was on the bottom of the case or if it had been moved around a lot, but the corners of the packs and cards showed wear. This was also the 3rd box I opened on the night and the first 2 were pristine cards, so that may have warped my perception. I bought a 3 box rack case of 86 Topps from Steve too a while back, and it was awesome.

Like I said, for $13 its just a bad box and I'll move on. If it was $500+ and in this condition, I would not be happy. I also should add, that there may have been a disclamer that the packs were not in great condition that I missed. I was in buying mode and it was a last minute add on because I saw a $13 box. >>

The day I open a rack case of 1986 Topps and find more than 3 decent cards will be the day I start doing handstands in the front yard. I have an unnatural love for this set, but like a fickle lover it refuses to reciprocate...

Anyway, some very nice 1986 Fleer. The Carews and Jackson in particular look gorgeous.
  • Options
    I had the best luck with the '86 Topps set by going through a vending case. I have gotten multiple 10's ( 1 Ripken,2 Clemens and 2 Carlton's) and pretty consistent quality, for '86's. The beaultiful part of that case is you get approximately 15-16 of each card. I am sorting through them again to see if I can find more gradeable cards for my registry set.

I also bought a rack case from BBCE and have had very minimal luck with these. I have 6 submittable and 2 of them are Tony Bernazard, lol. This is a fun set to collect because it is so difficult in high grade.

Keep up the break posts Zef, it is very entertaining and almost like being there ripping myself.

Brent
    Collecting:
    Bo Jackson Basic(#1) and Master(#1)
    Bob Feller Basic(#4)
    Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
    2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store
  • Options

Zef -

Maybe a 10 on the Brett? Centering looks good.

With the blue frame these are a bear for centering. It really sticks out.

Thanks for the scans.

Keith