Home Sports Talk
Options

Who will Colts get at RB?

Any thoughts? I'm a Colts fan, and I sure hope they get someone good, whether via draft, free agency or trade. They need someone good to replace "The Edge", if they're going to be a true contender again.

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    They picked up Edge when they shipped off Faulk.

I could see Lendell White falling through enough cracks he could end up in their laps in the second or third round.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    what, no confidence in Rhodes?

JS
  • Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    Alright.... I live in Indiana, and (of course) am a Colts fan... so I'll weigh in.

Rhodes isn't as bad as some would think... I'm not sure why he gets a bad wrap. He did a heck of a job for Edge when he was out.
    I personally might in a small group, but I wasn't a big Edge fan. Ya, he can run! Don't get me wrong!... but he's not much of a human being. He's just a few joints shy of another Ricky Williams. I was never a big fan of his refusal to practice with the team in the preseason every year, holding out just to try and get more money. I say goodbye, and good luck! Enjoy that crusty Warner next year! You're SURE to win (maybe) 4 games out in the desert!

Who will the Colts get? Well, while I think Rhodes would be fine I'm sure the Colts will NOT draft a RB. My guess is, they'll continue to build up defense and draft accordingly. I'm thinking they may try our a trade for an RB, but it will not be for a big name. Let's face it, the Colts have one of the best (again, my opinion) QB's, and a heck of a nice pair of WR's! Not to mention the rest of the receiving core! My guess is, they'll be in the playoffs again this year, but Peyton will continue to flop when it counts.

If you ask me... what would I have done this year durning the offseason? Well... I had a brilliant idea! Let Edge go, Sign Drew Brees, and trade Peyton Manning for Ladanian Tomlinson! That would have been interesting! Although... not many people would go for that.

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I think with that passing game, almost anybody could run in that scheme and be successful. Marvin Harrison and the gang force so many Linebackers to drop back in coverage, that the running game has wide open holes. I don't think Edge will have the same success in a different offense.

As for Lendell White, from what I've heard on TV, why would anybody want him? He's a power back so I thought he might fit well with my beloved Steelers but then they started talking about him being a fat lazy bum. Talent is worthless in the NFL without good work ethic. Dennis Rodman in the NBA is a good example of that. Incredible talent but couldn't show up for practice.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    DeAngelo Williams
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I don't think Lendale White is their type of back, anyway. If they target someone in the draft, it will be a quick, shifty guy, like the guy before me mentioned, someone like Williams...