Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

TOO MUCH CRAPOLA!!!

is anyone here like me?? so i have my good cards in one place that i always go tooo....but i have all my cards from when i was a kid (LATE 80's EARLY 90's....total crap) in a makeshift closet in 5000 count boxes....i opened themup to find i was not at all as organized as i thought.....random cards everywhere....a total mess...i got so flusterated i put them back up and said forget about it

i sure wish i could sell some of that crap...

what the tax write-off bit for giving it to Childrens Hospital??

Loth

Comments

• coachhcoachh Posts: 529
    You can deduct fair market value for donating them. I usually claim about 2 cents per card for a mix of sommons and stars. I know some will claim full beckett but I am not that brave. Also try to keep each donation under $500. That makes the paperwork a whole lot easier.
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    I would deduct at full price guide value and I think you can deduct up to $5,000 in a calendar year without having it appraised.
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    you can bring them up here.....I need some stuff to roast some marshmallows over with the kids tonite!

• Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    ANYBODY NEED ANY:

1990 Donruss
    1990 Fleer

LOL YEEEHAW!!!!
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I actually need cards 4 and 450 from the 90 fleer set to make mine complete...Griffey and Canseco.

2 cards I know is going to make a huge dent in that pile image
    I actually found about 600 1985 topps cards in one box...most look like solid 8's...few might get 9's....i bought a cello box back in 1999. Had one card graded, dannyboy marino...it came back a 9.

Loth
  • bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    I have a 1986 vending case that was damaged in shipping. It is going to make one heck of a nice bon fire 4th of July.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

whats wrong with it??? what happened?? pics??
    BRI..any word on my yanks and reds team sets??
  • I once had almost all of my collection collated by player last names in nine-pocket pages in binders all nicely labelled. Then I went off of the deep end and broke everything down to sell in team lots, gave the binders to my father and thousands of plastic sheets to two collector buddies. Got halfway through sorting and just couldn't pull the trigger and drop the hammer on the stuff, I just like the junk too much. I am re-sorting by players and will get some more sheets and binders at the Fort next week. I have found that organizing my collection by players in the pages keeps things fresh for me, as I add new additions I flip through what I already have, as opposed to when I normally finish off a set and it gets shelved, never again to see the light of day.

I like junk, I can't help it. I've tried to stop, I buy expensive things too. I bid and win some Mastro Collector's Auctions, bid in REA, and am registered and get in bids with just about every auction house out there. But for some twisted reason, no Mastronet or REA catalogue can compare to a 1994 Stadium Club Golden Rainbow Dave Henderson or Mother's Cookies Atlee Hammaker or a nice spread of Chet Lemon cards.

I think that I need help.
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>BRI..any word on my yanks and reds team sets?? >>

Ditto on the red sox bri??
  • schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    If it's any consolation Bill, every time I try to organize my collection, or buy stuff to organize it, it ends up taking over more and more of my apartment. It's now starting to take over my living room!

<< <i>I once had almost all of my collection collated by player last names in nine-pocket pages in binders all nicely labelled. Then I went off of the deep end and broke everything down to sell in team lots, gave the binders to my father and thousands of plastic sheets to two collector buddies. Got halfway through sorting and just couldn't pull the trigger and drop the hammer on the stuff, I just like the junk too much. I am re-sorting by players and will get some more sheets and binders at the Fort next week. I have found that organizing my collection by players in the pages keeps things fresh for me, as I add new additions I flip through what I already have, as opposed to when I normally finish off a set and it gets shelved, never again to see the light of day.

I like junk, I can't help it. I've tried to stop, I buy expensive things too. I bid and win some Mastro Collector's Auctions, bid in REA, and am registered and get in bids with just about every auction house out there. But for some twisted reason, no Mastronet or REA catalogue can compare to a 1994 Stadium Club Golden Rainbow Dave Henderson or Mother's Cookies Atlee Hammaker or a nice spread of Chet Lemon cards.

I think that I need help. >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • G'Day,

I'm in the process of sorting my "junk" into team sets too in the hope that I can trade most of it off to team collectors or player collectors.

No where near as much as you guys have (only the 1 5000ct box) but its still a mess.

Looking for all and any Australian MLB/MiLB players...Will post again when it is all done. MLB is but i'm getting rid of NBA cards as well.

PM me if your interested and want to jump in early.

Best of luck everyone! Its good remenising on all the players I remember from a kid even though i've never seen a live NBA game, and only two live MLB games!

Mark.
    (Australia)