Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

NGC submission order status?

Didn't find any FAQ for this over at NGC.

Based on your previous experiences, how fast do things move at certain stages for World Coins - Value tier, and what do the various status terms mean?

My order was received on April 17. It sat at "ORDER RECEIVED" until April 26 (yesterday), at which point it changed to "SCHEDULED FOR GRADING."

Now today the status has changed to "QUALITY CONTROL".

I'm assuming that they change the variety and proof designations once grading has been completed. Right now, when I look up the order status, it does not show any of the varieties that I had designated on the order form (repunches, overdates, etc.), nor does it show any coins as being proofs.

Sorry for the seemingly lame questions; this is the first time I've submitted on my own.

Comments

• 3Mark3Mark Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    They seem to have moved pretty fast. They will be in quality control a little while and then you will get the grades. Then you will know proof and ms. If they didn't have any overdates, etc before then, I don't think they will be on the slab. Should have added that I have 23 in quality control now for 4/13 and I expect grades today or tomorrow.3Mark
    I'm traveling on memory and running out of fuel.
  • coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    So they ignored the variety designations I had on the order form? If that's the case, I should get my $10 fee for "Variety verification" back.

I'm hoping that it's simply a matter of that they do the verification of varieties as part of the grading stage and that then they will appear... otherwise I'm going to be pissed that they just ignored them entirely. image
  • 3Mark3Mark Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    This could happen and I guess all of mine have been vanilla. I can only remember one variety that I sent in, but I think I just put in the KM#.3Mark
    I'm traveling on memory and running out of fuel.
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    The coins have hit grading and are now in the finishing stages. As for the variety designations, are they regular varieties? The coins will go back to grading one more time, then for final inspection before they ship.
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!