Home Metal Detecting

Went detectorin' today

for about a half hour (that's all the time I had) at a place along a river where the city is putting in a jogging path. Among the numerous pull tabs and memorial cents I also dug a 1950 Wheatie, a 1941p Merc and a 1908 V-Nickel. They are all in pretty poor shape considering the soin is very acidic in that area, but what-the-hey, I enjoyed the sunshine and fresh air and am looking forward to hitting the area again before they dump the gravel and asphalt.

Jim

Comments

• thats an interesting "decorative water holder" you have for an icon
  • SoutherncardsSoutherncards Posts: 1,384 ✭✭
    Just my opinion, but I dont think CU should allow a pic like that to be used.

Congrats on the finds though.
  • Nice work Jim!

It's always a good thing to grab a Merc and a V nickel on an outting.

HH
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • NoGvmntNoGvmnt Posts: 1,126
    Just my opinion, but I dont think CU should allow a pic like that to be used.

Actually,THAT picture is one of the Icons in CUs picture pool, and I've been using it since day one.

Lighten up, lifes too short to be whining about such chyt.

Jim
  • WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a Martian Peace Pipe.
    https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion

"A friend with weed is a friend indeed"

"Thanks for pot smoking"

"RELAX" Just a little joke

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    Cool finds.

Haven't you people ever seen a water boiler from 2100? Geez image
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!
  • I'm not faulting you for using the pic, but if that is one that CU makes available, shame on them.
  • phutphut Posts: 1,087

<< <i>1950 Wheatie, a 1941p Merc and a 1908 V-Nickel >>

Nice haul for a half hour. Acidic soil is brutal on coins. I've detected in a few pine groves and most of the copper is pitted so bad you can't tell what they where. Silver still looks good but the alloy metals turn black and pit out.
    I like the modern Powow peace pipe.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm. Strange. My logon isn't working- that last reply posted, but none of what I typed did.

Anyway, I've scolded him about that icon before, too. image

WTG, Jim- good work- any day one gets silver AND a V-nick counts as a success, as far as I'm concerned! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.