Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

It's not PSA-graded and it's not a Desert Shield

I tried to figure out how to report this misleading auction but got disouraged following the steps.

Hopefully nobody's gonna be fooled by it...

hh

Comments

• Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I reported it.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    Thanks for doing that. I know a '91T DS PSA 9 Puckett went for $86 the other day. I had my confirming bid ready to go, but chickened out. I got my hopes again when I saw this title, but was disappointed to see the pic and read the description...

Thanks again!

hh
  • Options
    Check out this joker...

I think ebay calls it Key Word Spam...

He has the word PSA in all of his listings (19) too and not one card is a PSA card either.

Check Out This Guy's Listings.

Click Here to report him to ebay

I tried to be nice and emailed him first. I informed him about ebay's policy and asked him to remove it, no luck. He was really rude.

Mary
  • Options
    Mary,

It's the same guy! Frustrating, isn't it?!

hh
  • Options

LOL

Reported
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Anyone who wants to pee their pants laughing should check out the 'PSA 6' Post Mantle.
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    Although this isn't Desert Shield related, it's the same type of auction with the same type of nonsense. He had PSA 10 spammed in the title and body, implying the card was already graded psa 10, hence the $200 starting bid. I emailed him for the cert # and asked why the card wasn't in the holder. No reply. Since then, the 'psa 10' naming has been removed. He'll get hit with the $200 listing fee which is worth more than the card itself in O/C condition.

Whatta goober...............
  • Options
    hh,

I know.... LOL...

I came here to post the same question and you had already done it for me. I did tried to be a nice girl and emailed him first to see if he knew about ebay's policy, but he didn't want to hear about it.

I didn't even catch the DS part until I read your listing. He has about three or four DS cards, like the Puckett. He has a bid on one of the cards.

Did you read his listings? I guess his friend who told him they would grade a PSA 9, should had told him they were not DS cards.

LOL...

Mary
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Items still up there on Ebay. Not to change the subject, but this one got a 9?

• Options
    Looks good to me...

PSA Card Grading Standards

MINT 9: Mint.

A PSA Mint 9 is a superb condition card that exhibits only one of the following minor flaws: a very slight wax stain on reverse, a minor printing imperfection or slightly off-white borders. Centering must be approximately 60/40 to 65/35 or better on the front and 90/10 or better on the reverse.

PSA Card Grading Standards

Thanks,

Mary
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I tried to figure out how to report this misleading auction but got disouraged following the steps.

Hopefully nobody's gonna be fooled by it...

hh >>

Ya know what's really funny about this also? He makes a point to say that this is the exact card posted, but the scan is not even of a DS Puckett.
  • Options
    FYI, I reported it also.
  • Options
    I called ebay this morning and ask why they have not pulled it and the ebay CS person stated there was nothing wrong with it.

WHERE do they get these ebay people?

• Options
    Dunno, but I did mention the scan as well just in case they didn't care about the use of the world "Desert Shield" in the title or body.
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    I reported that and 5 other of his auctions before I went to work. Not only is it not DS but no PSA either! Would that not be keyword spamming?
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I used the "As the Seller A Question" feature to tell the guy how he knows it's a DS card, when it in-fact is not.... His responce...

"I based all that off previous auctions when i was researching the card. In fact the title for the auction I used from a previosu person's auction with the same card. Im not as familiar with these as most, so I am relying on the pictures of the cards to speak for themselves "
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    digicat,

LOL... Which is another ebay's violation.

Copy Right.

Thanks,

Mary
  • Options
    I have a couple of rare sets of 1991 Topps Desert Shields that are all missing the stamping. I wonder if this guy would list them for me with a nice reserve......
  • Options
    Looks like he finally has gotten the hint. I emailed him (politely, actually) and let him know that he does not have the DS cards and that Ebay would end his listings based on keyword spamming.

Wick

Enjoy collecting vintage baseball cards, memorabilia and autos
  • Options

Ebay finally did their job and removed his listings.

He had 19 Listings with the word PSA and not one was a PSA card.

Thank U ebay!

Thanks,

Mary

• Options
    I'm just now catching up with all of the action. eBay couldn't ignore the response to his auction titles and descriptions.

My hat's off to you all! Good job! Hopefully the seller -- and his friend -- learned a lesson...

hh
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    looks to me like the seller ended them himself, not ebay.. when ebay ends a listing, it disappears completely..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>looks to me like the seller ended them himself, not ebay.. when ebay ends a listing, it disappears completely.. >>

agreed. at least he'll be out the listing fees!!!