Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Cards lost by PSA?

I was wondering. I recently sent in a submission of cards to PSA, and several of which they wouldn't grade. Apparently they don't holder every Topps issued card (Topps Transfers), but they did grade some of the other items I sent in but they never sent back the cards they never graded. Has anyone else experienced this? PSA losing cards?

Thanks,
Jeff

Comments

• No and i have NEVER heard of it happening and I have been dealing with them since 1992 when they started up.
  • coachhcoachh Posts: 529
    I have never heard of that happening. I do know that they misplaced an order from my father for over 6 months before finding it. They sent the cards back ungraded. He lost out on his 6 free grades for joining.
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I believe there was a story about a T206 Magie error card that went missing.....

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I too have never had a card lost by PSA.
    In cases where they won't grade the card, they return them
    sandwiched in cardboard for protection. Check you're box
    and see if you see the cardboard...jay
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I believe there was a story about a T206 Magie error card that went missing..... >>

Jesus. Talk about having a bad day. Imagine being the poor sap who suffered through that.
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Jesus. Talk about having a bad day. Imagine being the poor sap who suffered through that. >>

Yes - especially if it wasn't sent insured, and the whole deal had to go through court action to get reimbursement....
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Yeah, imagine that.
  • Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant get an autographed baseball back that they have had since November! Ive never had success with PSA customer service. Ive never had problems with card submissions, but I will not send another ball to them!
  • LWMMLWMM Posts: 471

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Jesus. Talk about having a bad day. Imagine being the poor sap who suffered through that. >>

Yes - especially if it wasn't sent insured, and the whole deal had to go through court action to get reimbursement.... >>

From http://www.xanga.com/hwb2

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Hobby News

This story now affects the autograph market so I am writing about it. A California court has ruled that PSA lost a rare T206 Sherry Magie error card and awarded $4852 to the dealer who had submitted the card. (Orange County Superior Court case # 04CS000423). PSA had claimed they never received the card. The most interesting part of this case was the testimony of PSA President Joe Orlando. He stated that the company DOES NOT take any steps to monitor its receivers when they open packages of items which are submitted to PSA. The company makes broad claims about its security, they receive multi millions of dollars of submissions every year in cards and now in autographs (their California headquarters will now receive autograph submissions), yet they have no means of guarding against theft or mistakes in their receiving area. The dealer was able to prove conclusively that he did send the card to PSA. PSA had no credible evidence of what happened to the dealers package after receiving it. In addition to losing this case PSA has an "unsatisfactory" record according to the Better Business Bureau of the Southland (315 N. La Cadena, Colton, Calif) for a "pattern of unanswered and unresolved customer complaints". PSA had lost the case initially in small claims court and then appealed it to the Superior Court, resulting in a new trial, which they also lost, and the judgment against it. Thanks to the Vintage Baseball Cards website for this story.
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    *poof* minus 16 hours.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>*poof* minus 16 hours. >>

made it 12...
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • JonBJonB Posts: 495
    Last year I submitted an item to PSA/DNA worth $5000, it was in a box with several autographed balls that I was also sending in. PSA claimed they never received it (lost it, i'm sure it was tossed in the trash along with what they thought was an empty box) although the did receive all of the balls.

I contacted customer service, and after looking into it for a few days they cut me a check for its value. About 10 days after realizing they had lost it, I had a check in my hand... I call that darn good customer service.

Just a note, be sure and take many pictures or your more valuable items before sending them in, that way when something like this happens you have proof of what was sent to them.