Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1953-56 Topps

I have 53-56 Topps sets - 95% of which I am the original owner - that I am planning to sell. I believe the cards will grade at PSA 6. I will sell each set at the SMR grade 6 price. Please email me at tcarlson6322@msn.com if you are interested.
TECarlson

Comments

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck. Not really sure why anyone would pay remotely close to SMR for ungraded cards that "might" be PSA 6 but if you can get it, more power to you.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options

I had 6 random HOF's of them graded and they all received 6's so that is where I am coming from.
    TECarlson
  • Options
    You've gotta get 'em graded. For those sets, if you really want to maximize your profit you've gotta spend the money and get them graded. If they really are 6 or better overall then it would be worth it. They won't have any problem selling if graded. If not, good luck getting 30-40% of the SMR value at most. Just my two centsimage
    "A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish" - Chevy Chase

"I have a split personality, and he is a regular SOB"
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Agreed. I would be interested in many of the cards, but definately not at PSA 6 prices for ungraded.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

Thanks guys! I reckon you are right. Quite a rigamorole to get them all graded though. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
    TECarlson
  • Options
    If you want to get that many cards graded, I would ask for a discount from PSA. I would think they would cut you a break if you sent all them in at once for grading. Of course your looking at some serious dough up front fro grading but it will be well worth it when you go to sell them. Good luck in whatever you do.

Matt
    "A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish" - Chevy Chase

"I have a split personality, and he is a regular SOB"
  • Options
    Working on the following raw centered EX+ to EX/MT sets:
    1955 Topps Set - 92% Complete
    1956 Topps Set - 100% Complete
  • Options
    I would get the stars of each set graded and then put the sets on Ebay. I would be interested in the 1956 set, I have purchased a 1955, 1958 and 1959 complete sets in the past three months.
    Working on the following raw centered EX+ to EX/MT sets:
    1955 Topps Set - 92% Complete
    1956 Topps Set - 100% Complete
  • Options
    Please email me per my original posting and we can pursue this. Thanks.
    TECarlson