Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Another "Mechanical Error"

I really hate to complain, but here we go again. I waited 2 months for my ticket to be graded and here are the results:

PSA Order Status for Submission # 5894031

LINE # CERT # CARD CARD CO. CARD # CARD NAME VARIETY GRADE
1 31514344 2004 WORLD SERIES GM.4 FULL RED SOX-3, CARDINALS-0 BOSOX 1ST W/S TITLE SINCE 1918 N0

Date Received: 02/28/2006
Date of Grades Posted: 04/26/2006
Date Shipped: 04/26/2006

There is only 1 problem - the ticket is for game 4 of the 2005 WORLD SERIES - not 2004. I'm getting really tired of having to check every submission after the grades are posted. My last invoice had 13 "mechanical errors" out of 110 cards and now this. This is absolutely inexcusable.

The order was shipped almost immediately (which is unusual, usually it takes several hours), so they can't pull the order and correct it.

Regards,

Greg M.
Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

Comments

• Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Umm, weren't the WHITE Sox in the 2005 World Series, not the Red Sox? So, 2004 is correct, no?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Southsider

not sure but i think from what Greg is saying the whole kit and cabuddle is wrong. the speel about the Red sox and cards is wrong too.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Didn't CWS beat Houston though?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Yes they did.

I thin from what Greg is saying that the whole ball of wax was wrong.

it should have read: game 4 2005 series w.sox v astros.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes they did.

I thin from what Greg is saying that the whole ball of wax was wrong.

it should have read: game 4 2005 series w.sox v astros.

SD >>

Exactly - I wrote 2005 World Series on my submission form and the ticket is for game 4 of the 2005 World Series - White Sox/Astros. I have NO idea how they screwed this up.

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    40 ball submission to psa dna has yielded several mechanical errors--including my Billy Herman ball STILL marked as Babe Herman on the web site cert (the LOA and cube are correct) and not able to be registerized. Also, Reggie Jackson SS Ball labeled as MS photograph on the cube and a Aaron/Oh MS ball marked as Aaron SS Ball on the cube What's worse is that after I ship it back to them, they are reimbursing me with VOUCHERS!image I, along with every other submitter, must have hundreds of dollars worth of unused vouchers for whatever reason--is there no end to this?

"...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

It's just some dam employee there that still can't believe the Red Sox won!!!
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭

Are you sure it wasn't the Red Sox who won the 2005 World Series? Because Red Sox and White Sox sound very similar and it's possible you could be wrong and not PSA.

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options

<< <i>image

Are you sure it wasn't the Red Sox who won the 2005 World Series? Because Red Sox and White Sox sound very similar and it's possible you could be wrong and not PSA. >>

Jedi mind trick - hmmm....maybe it was the Red Sox who won the 2005 World Series....

References:
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>image

Are you sure it wasn't the Red Sox who won the 2005 World Series? Because Red Sox and White Sox sound very similar and it's possible you could be wrong and not PSA. >>

Jedi mind trick - hmmm....maybe it was the Red Sox who won the 2005 World Series.... >>

The problem is that you're using the Western calendar. If you look at the Botswanan calendar, which the one PSA officially recognizes, you'll see that everything is one year later. So yes, as DBH insinuated, it is you who is making the mistake-- not the crackerjack staff at PSA!!
  • Options

<< <i>It's just some dam employee there that still can't believe the Red Sox won!!! >>

Probably a jealouse Yankees fan!!

References:
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>image

Jedi mind trick - hmmm....maybe it was the Red Sox who won the 2005 World Series.... >>

The problem is that you're using the Western calendar. If you look at the Botswanan calendar, which the one PSA officially recognizes, you'll see that everything is one year later. So yes, as DBH insinuated, it is you who is making the mistake-- not the crackerjack staff at PSA!! >>

LOL - maybe I should start referring to the year in the Chinese calender - if I draw a dog then they'll know it's the year of the dog....at least then they could narrow it down to a 12 year window....

References:
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>image

The problem is that you're using the Western calendar. If you look at the Botswanan calendar, which the one PSA officially recognizes, you'll see that everything is one year later. So yes, as DBH insinuated, it is you who is making the mistake-- not the crackerjack staff at PSA!! >>

LOL - maybe I should start referring to the year in the Chinese calender - if I draw a dog then they'll know it's the year of the dog....at least then they could narrow it down to a 12 year window.... >>

Greg, that is by far the funniest post I've read here in at least six months. Drawing a picture of the dog... Unreal. I just about lost all bladder control when I conjured a visual of little Rats, Pigs and Dragons in the year space on the flip. Thank you for this fine bit of comic relief.
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, not even close. Wrong year and wrong description.

You could sell it on ebay and see if a rabid Red Sox fan pays extra for the rare PSA "error". Just don't sell it as a 1/1 or your auction will get pulled.