May Special . . .

Comments

• zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>any ideas!? >>

Yeah, how about getting all the March and April ones finished. image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭
    Let's not jump ahead! Maybe, just maybe, they'll get the February specials done before the Hockey Playoffs end. I'm still waiting on my Feb special, but the 45 day bulk orders are getting done in 3 days.
  • TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    House Chicken
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • jskirwinjskirwin Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

<< <i>House Chicken >>

Funky chicken?
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    I still desire $4, modern, with large minimum. Come on PSA... throw us a bone!
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>I still desire $4, modern, with large minimum. Come on PSA... throw us a bone! >>

I like this! I could be wrong, but I don't recall a special lower than $5 ever - a $4 special would really bring the submissions in.

Good, and bad - but I would still vote for it.
    I don't recall a special lower than $5 ever

That's my point. They do $5 all the time but how about $3 or $4? Cut their profit margin, sure, but I would send in a ton of cards and am sure others would too. Make it a 200 minimum or 300 minimum to ease on the transaction costs associated with entering each new order, mailing, etc.... I am sure they will still make money!

Bottom line, I figure 4sc, DSL, etc... pay $3 or $4 (if not less) so why not give us little guys a shot at it once in a while!??????
  • Anything but NON SPORTS!!!!
  • Game, Today is day 43 of my bulk special. ( 2/24 ) Who the heck is getting that fast of service??????? My cards have been in sealing for a week now!!! Must have run out of electricity???? image Grades soon, I hope.

Stan/bosko56
  • Has anyone ever called and requested a lower rate for a large submission?
  • tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Bottom line, I figure 4sc, DSL, etc... pay $3 or $4 (if not less) so why not give us little guys a shot at it once in a while!??????

Come on PSA... Ggive us little guys a $4 special just ONE time!
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭
    So, how many of you still have Feb subs still outstanding?
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    agreed!

i have around 300 modern cards i would love to have graded, but it ain't happening any time soon w/ $5 specials...

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    I'd like them try a $4 special for cards estimated PSA 6 and lower. It just doesn't make sense to submit lower graded stars at current pricing.
  • onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    "Has anyone ever called and requested a lower rate for a large submission? "

I'm probably going to catch slack for this, but what the hey... the answer to your question is... YES.

There's a guy (not going to name names) in my area that DOES have a deal worked out. He has one worked out with PSA and BGS.
    What little details I know of on his deal with PSA are: $3.75/card, 1,000 cards/submission minimum... and his turn-around times will make your head spin (well within a month.) He usually sends one off every-other month.
    This person usually sells his stuff on Ebay (again sorry, just not going to name names) and usually has 200-500 cards listed at a time. What doesn't come back PSA 9's or better, he usually bulks off at $3/card to local dealers.

I'm not sure the exact details of what he has worked out with BGS, but it's similar.

Oh ya.. one more thing... I hate to beat a dead horse (again, lay the slack on if it makes you feel better) but these guys that send in 1,000+ cards at a time DO get decent grades sometimes. I've seen some of the cards this guy gets back that are PSA 10's and BGS 9.5's that I know I'd never get the grade on....

alright, let me have it....

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

onefasttalon-
    Not going to let you have it. I strongly agree with you that big submitters get a bump/benefit of the doubt. Not on every card but overall I know there of those who disagree but I really believe they do. Not a big deal, not enough to be a "conspiracy," not enough to make me stop sending my cards in to PSA, but it's reality. Even Dabighurt might allow that it is possible... well, maybe not him but others would agree!
    Still wating PSA... $4??????
    monday being the 1st, can a brutha get a bone here?

you would think we coulda been told Mays grading special before monday.