Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Advice needed for prints ???

Hi guys, I need some info or advice on what to do about lost certificates.

I've had these prints (below) for some time now. I moved about 10 years ago, which was about a year after my home was broken into. Anyway, the certificates were in the card lot that was stolen from me. All my prints in this set were artists proofs. I lost 7 sets of OPC from 70-71 to 76-77 and also the certs.

My question is........is there anything I can do about this? Should I try and contact the gallery that released the prints, or should I look to an authentication company and try and get them re-certified somehow?

This problem has been driving me crazy for as long as I've known they were gone, so any advice would be much appreciated image

Thanks, Trent.

Comments

• Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

First, great prints.

Maybe one of the auction houses could direct you to a source that can authenticate them.

An art house maybe that has some experience with sports art?

The gallery certainly should be able to reissue the certs I would think.

Then again, if you do not intend to sell them does it really matter, other than to establish value?

Can you find the artist?

Good luck.

Keith
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Thanks Kieth.

That's right, I shouldn't really care, I'm just a little fussy about that kind of thing.

I only just thought of the Art company that released them today, when I dug out the advertising pamphlet for the pics I used above.

The artist can be found kicking around Toronto, I could probably get in touch with him also.

I'll probably give them to my kid eventually, but I feel a need to re-establish their identity.

Thanks again, Trent.