Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Modern Rarities

Take a look at the 2006 article about modern rarities written by Eric Jordan. The Case For Investing In Key Date Modern US Coins is a Special Report distributed through www.CoinResource.com. The 48-page report will be posted ONLY there for free downloading. Link

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RC: Can you summarize the article.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    RC:

Great must read for moderns (Silver, Plats and Gold) minted since 1986.

I didn't know Coin Resource interviewed my business analyst?

Plats, Plats, Plats...let the games begin!

BBpMimage
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a recent Press Release by Teletrade.

1993-W Eagle Graded PCGS PF-70
    Brings $36,960 In Teletrade Auction .
    (Irvine, CA) - One of only two known 1993-W one-ounce gold American Eagles graded a perfect PCGS Proof-70 deep cameo sold for a record $36,960 in the Teletrade® Premier Sale on April 23, 2006.

"With only two 1993-W Eagles graded Proof-70, this is the rarest one-ounce gold Eagle in the PCGS Population Report. We had strong bids from 15 different people who wanted this coin, and the auction set a record price for any one-ounce American Eagle," said Ian Russell, President of Teletrade® (www.Teletrade.com).

The pre-sale estimate was $15,000 or more. The $36,960 winning bid paid by the anonymous collector includes a 12 percent buyer's fee.

This is the third record price set in recent Teletrade® auctions for certified, modern coins: $16,240 for a 1971-S Eisenhower Dollar PF-70 DCAM; $10,300 for a 1984-P Olympic gold $10 PF-70 DCAM; and $7,840 for 2001-W one-ounce gold Eagle PF-70 DCAM.

"Earlier in April, we also had a winning bid of $54,880 for a 1927-S Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle graded PCGS MS-63," said Russell. "Obviously, Teletrade® attracts buyers and sellers of classic collector coins as well as modern, certified rarities."

Two other perfect-grade modern coins will be offered in the Teletrade® auction that closes on May 7: a 1998-W $50 gold Eagle PCGS PF-70 DCAM with a population of only four, and a 2004-W $50 platinum Statue of Liberty, also graded PCGS PF-70 DCAM, with a population of five.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.